If Diablo 4 does not have player trading, I won't be buying it - Long time gamer and fan

Does anyone think I should report Skelos to Blizzard for scamming real life money? He is asking me to bet real money against him that end game items will end up tradable in Diablo 4. He says we can send the money to a ‘trusted’ forum member who will hold the money until the bet is settled. Sounds suspicious.

You choose the forum member. I have no problems with that.

I’m a professional political bettor. I’m not making silly, unenforceable bets about the development of the game with some moron.

Wow so humble. /20char

The troll started to show his real face. Nice.

Well im sorry for you on PoE mate, but if D4 goes according to the plan to have Hubs/towns, more player interactivity could be stimulated this way.

D4 will not be POE, POE is basically mostly an only single player PVE grind.

I do hope D4 implements more player interaction, but not while in the middle of doing a quest.
Premade parties on towns to set off into a quest is the way.

You are asking me to send money to some forum member in order to place a completely unenforceable bet, under circumstances which highly likely see the money never returned.

Yeah, you are one.

Blizzard doesn’t care to read your silly posts about betting. You’re just spamming threads with nothing useful.

True. If there is open trading in D4, PoE will look like a fairy tale for Sinister. The trading experience in D4 would be many times more awful than PoE with open trading included.

Don’t be. I’ve done trading to see how much currency I could stack in a game I haven’t played before. Don’t be sorry.

Look at your profile and the number of trading threads you created. You have some trading issues man. I tell you from now - prepare that D4 won’t have open trading.

1 Like

I’m author of the top trading discussion threads on this forum. A lot has been discussed. It will probably provide Blizzard with useful feedback. They will undoubtedly filter out garbage posts such as yours about making bets.

They aren’t including open trading in D4. Make 100 threads if you want ROFL.

1 Like

Incapable of learning I see. I’ve said several times I don’t need fully open trading.

I wish I could be that confident about it :smiley: They screwed up with vanilla D3. Who is to say they dont fail again. It would be terrible for the success of D4 if they allow open trading, but it sure could happen.

Yeah, we get you are fine with having 1 slot for the non-tradable mythics ROFL.

They have a solid game and solid philosophy about D4. The only thing that muds the water is the whale interaction within the game design, because of MTX marketing model. But I understand them. Nothing you can do about that.

I just hope they realize how important a pure competition is for D4.

Let’s have a trading system like Diablo II, and not a communist game like nothing is allowed. Everything is bound to your account. It’s ridicilous and boring. Looking back to the days I played Diablo 2 alot, made a game called “Trading” Where everyone who wanted to trade could trade.

Future Diablo games are freaking boring to play, trading isn’t everything but one of them.

I am a Diablo 2 veteran.

3 Likes

How they fail again is simple. If they fail to win over the players who abandoned them over D3, they fail. Most of us want to see trading, and not just some low level crap, but end game trading. Otherwise they may as well not bother with trading at all. Because they’ll fail to win back players with either no trading or too restrictive trading.

You might enjoy it, but for Blizzard, if they don’t win people back, it’s a fail. It will end up with the game abandoned, just like D3.

Only people that would gain from D4 trading are the whales and the top clans with whales in them.

No, it won’t end like D3. Wanna bet on that? I say D4 is a top game 5 years after release.

I’m no longer responding to your posts, troll. Best way to deal with trolls, don’t feed them.

1 Like

I am fine with that. Can I quote you, just for inspiration on the trading topic?

1 Like

I have nothing against trading as long as it does not impact my ability to build fun, powerful characters without touching trading.

Enable trading, but make drop rates conducive to a satisfying self-found experience. Whether that can be done in a single game mode or whether it will require separate game modes doesn’t matter to me. (By ‘satisfying’ I am not referring to the D3 style of loot drops. D4 will in theory have greatly improved itemization and a player will be able to continue to find incremental upgrades for quite some time instead of having the blatant power leaps that we have now.)

I have no problem respecting someone else’s idea of fun, but I expect the same courtesy in return. “Fun” for me is not the D2 equivalent of grinding out a stash tab full of perfect gems in the hope of being able to trade for an upgrade. Fun is finding the upgrades myself.

3 Likes

When I think about the impact of trading would have on the current game, I think that it would basically act as a pity timer on drop rates. If you don’t get that item or the stat roll you’ve been trying for to get for eons, then you could spend the currency you’ve been getting in the process to buy it.

Primal Ancient is basically the answer to a lack of trading. It solves the frustration of being forever at the mercy of randomness on your stat rolls, giving you the perfect roll almost guaranteed.

And I think a world in which you have both is healthier. You shouldn’t be able to trade Primal Ancient pieces so you can’t buy the perfect gear (and have nothing left to progress towards). But you could speed up your gearing process and feel like you have some choice in the matter when it comes to your drops. Also you could deck out new characters in gear from trading.

But most importantly, it would give gold an actual purpose as a currency rather than another material drop. You’d feel rich if you had lots of gold.

Obviously the current gold drop system doesn’t work for that end, but a new game design could easily make it work. And I think if they choose not to do it, it’ll be more in fear of their content running out too fast if players can gear up more conveniently. Unfortunately, RNG has become the trademark for Blizzard’s game progression design. They’d rather you rely on chances and keep coming back as long as you can muster than give a clear defined length to your grind.