If Diablo 4 does not have player trading, I won't be buying it - Long time gamer and fan

I think you’re right and I’d enjoy sharing ideas as to how it could work very well based on trading items for items, instead of a currency.

Open Player Trading like they had in Vanilla would just open up 3rd Party Sites to Sell Items , so the best geared person would revolve around who is willing to spend the most money. So lets not do that.
Anything revolving an Auction House would have players , playering the AH more then the game.
Keeping the System they have now is fine.
I dont want to see item drops so rare that i am trading 40 Stone of Jordens for X Piece of Gear. Thats just monumentally stupid.

5 Likes

The system is far from fine lmao. They had to up the drop rates exponentially to compensate for the lack of trading. Who cares if people spend their money to get items? Some people are always going to do that regardless. Some of you act like D3 really takes skills to play lol. You all copy the same cookie cutter builds that sets force you into and then you fight over a leaderboard… That’s why the game is dead after about a month into a season. There’s no PVP or godly items to play for.

D4 must have meaningful crafting, trading, and PvP.

2 Likes

Thats Fantastic News you wont be playing. Im sure the Blizzard will be upset they dont have your revenue. APRG doesnt need open bots/spam/hacking to be introduced to it thanks to open Trading like D2. and Diablo 3 was designed around PVE. Lets hope D4 is the same as to be honest i dont enjoy a game where someone enters and i get javazon spear from the other side of the map.
In regards to botting, i would say both D2 and D3 are just as bad as each other. D4 probably wont be any different unless its police by Blizzard

I 100% agree, but it must be made in a way that prevents out of game currency as a currency.

1 Like

Please see my thread about an anonymous trade matchmaking system and how that might work.

D3 Trading works fine , PVP ( Was it seriousy THAT Good ) i cant see myself buying a game just for that. If trading was introduced i think D3 system is best as if you open the door to 3rd party sites well its then about how many dollars are you willing to spend on that Primal . Why not drop $10 and get ur Weopon rather then farm a 2% drop chance

All they really need to do is control hacks/bots because not many would be able to put the time in to be able to sell efficiently doing it legit

3 Likes

yeah just like diablo2

1 Like

But that depends on how the itemization system is designed. If it is more of the same as D3 is then player trading cannot be supported. You will not be able to sell to the majority of people that they would have to wait for a long time to play the build that they want at the level that they want to play at.

Now as long as the itemization system supports it. Where gear doesn’t make the build. Where there are alternatives to BiS gear that would be just as good at helping you defeat the hardest content then I don’t see a problem with trading. But the gear has to be where it doesn’t make the build only enhances it. If Blizz does all of that and more with D4 then trading can return.

Although I do agree with Brevik that a good system of itemization would be where there would be some items that you can trade freely. Others would have a limited number of trades. Then others wouldn’t be able to be traded at all. That way you have an economy that you might not have to refresh because the items that have restrictions to the ones that are BoA will do the job of removing those items or not allowing those items in the economy in the first place.

Further playing the game has to be more important than playing the trading game. If D4 has playing the trading game being the most important part of the game then it won’t work.

Like I said at the end of the day it all boils down to how itemization is designed.

1 Like

This. Bots and dupes are the major problems. Idk why people are trying to blame it on PVP and trading.

Anyways D4 will probably be a failure like D3 that barely has any depth. I’m looking forward to Last Epoch which will have crafting, trading, PvP modes, and PvM of course.

1 Like

This is what I think will work.

Forgive me D3 players, but I am going to use D2 LoD gear in my example, I mean no disrespect. It’s just that when it comes to items and trading, D2 LoD is the king of kings and I know the game’s items best. So please bear with me as I’m hoping you’ll like my trade system idea for Diablo IV.

I am an avid D2 LoD hardcore ladder player, I do not play my characters once they go to nonladder. I also do not seek trades outside of the actual game. The only trades I make are for items I need to further my builds, sometimes I’ll enter someone’s trade game if I have the item they are looking for. I do not trade for the sake of trading or for pretending I’m rich with items or a 3rd party currency. Most of my items are self found and self crafted, as I do grind the ladder game with characters well into their 90s. I’ve found every set, unique and rune in the last 3 years and I mostly play a IK ww barb. I know from experience that if you play the game the way the developers intended it to be played, you are rewarded with elite drops. I do not run with bots and I don’t use any scripts. I play the game!

D4 Trading:

The Shack
Give our characters a shack to start and as we progress in the game the shack evolves into eventually a mansion, or something. In this shack we store our items on shelving units, and weapon racks, which evolve with the shack. In this shack is the connection to the trade board.

The Trade Board

The trade board is 100% anonymous. How it works is you place an add as an In Search Of (iso) message and provide minimum stats details required for the item you are looking for. Eg. Raven Frost Ring with 200+ AR and Dex doesn’t mater (it’s for a melee barb) . You then place up to 12 items in trade slots that you are willing to trade for it. Other players place their Raven Frost Ring in an item slot in their trade window and they check one or more boxes of the items they would like for their Raven Frost Ring. The player looking for the Raven Frost can make the trade right away or wait and see if someone else wants to make the trade, but is asking for less. You simply complete the trade by clicking on the ring you want.

This system doesn’t include putting up items like it was a store just looking to accumulate wealth. It only works one way–ISO–which is to enhance our character’s build. It’s very basic, but it is fundamental to a healthy trade system within the game.

You also have to remember back in Vanilla d3 the legendaries were very bad. Yellows rolled better than almost all Legendaries. I still have a couple from Vanilla in my stash for nostalgic reasons.

1 Like

i’m fine with trading, but under certain stipulations. people mentioned in early d3 you almost had to auction house/trade for a decent item to make any progress. current d3 you pretty much get all the gear for every build within a day or 2. hopefully they make blue/yellow items decent enough to carry us through some progression. in my opinion once we are towards end game/loot hunt then items that are somewhat rare can be tradeable. the rare of rarest could be soul bound. maybe the game breaking rares could be soul bound and the rares that are big improvements but not game breaking could be tradeable. i would consider something gamebreaking like ENIGMA in d2. i for one am all about loot hunt. i do not have all the time in the world to farm until i get the rarest of rares, but if i do fine something extremely rare then i would consider it valuable due to my time invested. someone commented about dupes, websites that have buymyitems, bots running all day and night, or something along those lines; if blizzard can get a grip on deciding on botting, on duping, on drop rates, determine which items are tradeable, which items are soul bound then trading can be a good thing. trading while in a group should definitely be a thing.

for me personally i play to loot hunt. i do not want another d3 where i get everything in the game within 2 days and then complain and start a thread that d4 is dead and we need d5. under right conditions trading can be fair and rewarding as long as it is done right. i know there will be lots of controversy regarding trading, hopefully blizzard can come to a middle and determine what can or cannot be tradeable while not letting it become a black market that only the rich can afford or the person that plays for a living that has all the time in the world to find that item.

everyone will have their own opinion and this is mine. i do miss things like top 10 rarest items in game, top 10 most powerful, top 10 most useable and so forth. i think it all comes down to what blizzard things long term. if this is the last of the last diablo then make them items super rare. if blizzard will have d5 in a couple of years then give us high drop rares thus nullifying trade. pick your poison.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, they need to make rares great again in D4 also. Finding/rolling sick rare circlets, boots, rings, and amulets etc. made all those chaos/baal runs worth it. A legendary shouldn’t be the BIS for every item slot.

6 Likes

but wouldn’t the “fan boi’s” get upset because it’s a “HARD GAME” to play? i personally would love it if it was “dark souls” kinda hard. their theme is “you will die” HAHAHA

1 Like

Diablo 3 vanilla had trading… Auction House tycoon… look how that turned out.

That is what happens when the people who are making the trading, lack the ability to comprehend stuff, to put it lightly, lol.

1 Like

Same. I will not purchase Diablo IV without trading, a key part to online and community play. I expressed this many times before as well because as soon Diablo III everybody left the community. Blizzard can easily see how many game purchases I made with them, it’s their choice if they would like continue having me as a customer or not.

5 Likes

I honetly think D4 will be along the lines of PoE . You will have a lot of the same festures ,Trading ,A cash /cosmetics /Stash tab shop ECT. At this point it is a proven non PTW money generator .But ,They will have to put out a quality game to back it up.

2 Likes