Ideas to ways we can continue D2R development after launch

Nice exaggeration man. The first sword he quoted isn’t even possible to make an Eth weapon out of it.

Eth weapons > Non-eth Weapons always.

This is extremely over powered, that’s my opinion and I stand by it.

1 Like

It is indeed massively broken if I tried to inject it into the current drop pool of items for the base game lol. It basically takes both the Doombringer and BOTD and makes a love child from hell out of it.

Ok i like that you are trying to make new creations but some are way too op and yes if you design items for future of diablo 2R you have to think about balance also. You have to take into consideration what game already has and fill the gaps.

For example that unique GC is extremely op.

I think you saw some of my own creations right in older topic? I wasnt trying to fill the gaps as i was remaking all uniques for my mod.

I had older mode which is sadly lost forever now but what i did was that i took all unused items which dont have unique version snd tried to give them one. In some cases i took poor old uniq items and gave them new more rare version so it worked like templars might vs tyraels might.

I remember having this item:

Frozenstain’s wyrmhide boots
Req lvl 92
Lvl 3-5 holy freeze when equipped
+10% max cold resistance
+15-20 dexterity
+15-20 strength
+35-50% cold resistance
+40% FRW
+10-20% cold damage
+30 Life
-0-50% fire resist

I didnt want anyone runing with this so i added some down side, high level req and i also created second unique wyrmhide boots with different properties so i could have 1:8 chance that wyrmhide boots uniq drop will be Frozenstain’s boots.

I just wanted to share my thinking process since you liked some of my creations. Also its important to to use variable stats as it supports trading and different values of same item based on roll. Also keep in mind upgrade recipe so you dont create too strong item after upgrading it to elite version.

Oh yeah no for sure anything I made is overkill for D2R. I was just providing examples for others to kind of latch onto the idea of coming up with their own ideas to see how people would like to add onto the game.

My items are all for a repository I’m building up for a mod I plan to make in the future.

Then maybe you should name the topic differently. You know how purists react :), if you present op items in topuc like this, you will scare them and give them more reasons to fight again new content :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, indeed. But, sensationalization is the foundation in which change is brought forth, so to the nay sayers I say, let the flood gates open!

It’s all in good fun anyway, so I’m not too bothered.

1 Like

Make changes to some uniques.

For example, a lot of uniques have “indestructible” mod which prevents an Eth version of that unique showing up. Schaffer’s hammer, Grandfather, to name a few.

PD2 replaced the indestructible mod to certain uniques with “repair 1 durability out of 4 seconds” which allowed them to spawn with eth versions. Hence why items like Eth Schaffer’s hammer was viable and incredibly valuable and sought after.

2 Likes

I mean thats not too bad of an idea to be honest.

The Purist Trolls will never allow improvements even when they no longer play it…:person_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s not we are purist trolls, it’s that the items listed here are, in my opinion, quite overpowered.

1 Like

Ideas to continue D2R development after launch?

Fix bots, dupes, hacks, auto-pickup scripts.

Fix any bugs, glitches, issues with overlay stability.

Buff viability of items based on rarity, Tyrael’s Might shouldn’t be a complete joke compared to Enigma or other similar Runewords.

Fix Cow level lockout.

Fix “AI” script of enemies so they won’t run back and forth at range like morons. Smarter enemies.

Allow Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Baal, and Diablo to have “versions”, so for example, Diablo’s AE fire nova may be ice, poison, or lightning. Mix up the elemental abilities of the bosses so builds don’t stay “as” static.

1 Like

More reasonable item

Vampire Guard
Unique Great Poleaxe
Two Hand Damage 172-476
Level Required : 89
Normal Attack Speed

275%-375% Enhanced Damage (varies)
3-8% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
3-8% Mana Stolen Per Hit (varies)
+30% Cold Resist
+25% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen
Sockets 1-2 (varies)

"The Titan’s Heel
Myrmidon Greaves
Defense: 254-421
Required Level: 75

1 To Barbarian Skills
25-30% Faster Run/Walk
50% Chance to Crushing Blow
Knockback
290-385% Enhanced Defense
200-240 to Life
6-10% Magic Resist
20-40% Fire Resist
35-75% To Magic Find"

Love the fact that even on its own any of these bolded attributes makes that boots already best in the game. Yet you still managed to put three of them all together into one item, it would be the go for for any class even tho the Myrmidon Greaves requires 208 strength.

1 Like

No no no no no no and no.

This is Diablo 2, keep it that way.

You are just throwing a bunch of stats at us.

Can you maybe give a short paragraph for the concept of each item?
Sure, maybe you will overlook something and many players can see the concept by the stats.
But what was your idea behind creating that specific item? What gap is it supposed to close? What playstyles to accomplish? Where would it fit in the current itemization of the same class/similar classes? What is the trade-off? Will new item X give me headache when having to pick between new item X and old item Y or will it be a no-brain choice?

I will take your charm as an example, because it might be a bit easier and is shorter:

Chronostasis
Unique Grand Charm

Level Required: 73

10% Chance to cast Level 12Decrepify when Struck
10% Chance to Cast Level 12 Weaken when Struck
Level 12 Holy Freeze Aura when Equiped
Slows Target by 10-15%
12% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Level 12 Holy Freeze Aura when Equiped

It gives holy freeze. What is the point of it? Why would anybody who currently plays a holy freeze merc not replace it with this charm and go for a defiance or might merc instead?

10% Chance to Cast X when Struck

10% decr or weaken when struck. That is a huge malus for many classes. You will overbuff some effects that you would not want to. It makes that charm an anti-team-play charm. It will also give you increased physical damage (right?), so it seems to be a charm for melee characters?

Slows Target

Why do you need that? You already have the holy freeze? Why are you slowing the opponents more and more and more? Does that not feel very one-sided and overpowered?

12% to maximum lightning resist

Why? Where is that random stat coming from? Why? Seriously. Why?

Lmao what is this RP nonsense?

Here’s my idea for a charm

Murphy’s Law

15% chance on fatal damage to heal for 30%
Player will then randomly teleport 3 times.
If player is not within 40 yds of an enemy on third teleport player dies.

Flavor Script:
Never tell me the odds.

1 Like

especially funny in HC :crazy_face:

1 Like

Think about how many things could be done to increase playability, I also understand those who tell us that they do not want to change the basics of the game which at that point would become something else … not our dear Diablo 2. Difficult to find a middle ground that puts 'Agreement everyone.