Idea for a new Necro Set

The Immortal Chieftains

2 piece Bonus: the ammount of Skeleton raised by raise skeleton is trippled. And every 3rd skeleton is either a Mage or an Archer

4 piece Bonus: 20 sec. not using the active ability of raise skeleton, spawns 4 Skeletal Chieftains they last until you use the active ability of raise skeleton or til they die.
Every Chieftain reduces your damage taken by 15%

6 piece Bonus: the amount of damage a Chieftain deals is increased by (xxx%)

Hope you like this Idea

PS: wouldnt it be nice if the chieftains look like fallen d2 Charakters :wink:

Edit: changed the 4 piece Bonus so it does make more sence :smiley:

2 Likes

Revive skill used. Dmg increased by number of minions you have. True MM.

3 Likes

I’d use the 2pc and perma command my now 3x size army with taskers, enforcer, and the scythe/shield set.

Kinda doesn’t make sense to me to have a set buff the passive ability of skeletons and then punish you for using skeletons, especally because the damage you get for commanding them could take a second or two to kill something, while the massive drop in suitability could get you killed right that second, maybe if you get one chief and the chief channeled an attack speed or damage buff while your skeletons were commanded that drained its HP, so it wouldn’t just die right away and leave you super squishey, but if you over-used it then you could be at risk… Or better yet, why not just make command skeletons have an HP cost.

But probably they’ll do something with bone spirit or revive minnions (personally i’d love to see a standard revive minnion rather than it being random).

Edit, maybe

2pc- bone spirit can hold double the number of charges, consuming corpses reduces bone spirit CD by four times as much.

4pc- Bone spirits reduce your damage taken by 5% for every enemy they hit, up to a maximum of 50%. Killing an enemy with bone spirit has a chance to spawn another bone spirit

6pc- Casting bone spirit launches all charges at once. Bone spirit will also consume all available essence when cast to fire an additional bone spirit per 20 essence consumed.

Don’t think we need a new set for a minion build. That would just create another waste like zuni and helltooth garg. What needs to be done is a redesign of the rathma set that encompasses all minion and not just around Singularity mage. Singularity mage rune needs to be replaced to give all the other mage a spot. The essence dump skill can go to either bone spear or death nova.

Something along the lines of:
2 pc reduces cooldown of army of the dead by X amount of sec every time your minion hits an enemy. Army of the dead gains the death valley rune
4 pc after casting army of the dead, you gain X amount of damage reduction for X amount of seconds. Army of the dead damage is increased by X amount.
6 pc casting army of the dead amplifies your minion damage by X amount for X amount of seconds and your minions last until they die.

As for the new set, I’d like to see a set for bone spirit. Releasing more than one bone spirit at a time etc. Anyways just my two cents on the topic.

1 Like

I would love bone spirit as well for some D2 reminiscing

1 Like

Army of the Dead needs work too

I’d like to see them raise the damage of this in Rathma’s set so it is actually usable.

1 Like

Don’t worry. Look revive decrepiy and land of the dead

I would love to see a new set that does not include Land of the Dead.
We already have 4 Sets (5 if you count LoN) that all play similarly and rely on LotD too much, giving Necro annoying downtimes between damage phases.

2 Piece: Each corpse can now be used twice before disappearing
(This is only an example, 2 piece could be any small support buff really)

4 Piece: while Land of the Dead is not active, gain 60% damage reduction.

6 Piece: While Land of the Dead is not active, gain Xxxxx % increased damage.
(This could also be worded differently so that it never includes Singularity Mages or Corpse Lance, which are the main damage dealers for every other Set)

This Set would be based on Primary and Secondary skills but it could maybe buff the Revive skill too since nobody really uses that over Singularity. 6 piece would need a much higher damage bonus than LoN to make up for the loss of LotD.

1 Like

As JAW mentioned, I’d love to see Bone Spirit as well.
Maybe combine with Scythe and Teeth?
Also, maybe name the set after Malthael?

We already have a set for Rathma and Trag’Oul, so I try to look at high places.

Given the amount of development time they spent on the Revive skill for Necromancer. I would be genuinely surprised if Revive isn’t used for the new set.

1 Like