I was hearing talk that D4 will not have solo mode?

I have heard statements that the game will not have a solo mode. I always play Diablo on my own I enjoy the atmosphere and the story of this game and other players involved ruin that. I have always played Diablo games as solo experiences and when I tried a few times in Diablo 2 to go online and play with others it was a horrible horrible experience and I never went online with D2 again. I’ve played this series solo from the very first when I picked up Diablo on the original Playstation. I hope this rumor of no solo is not the case, If you make this game in a way that forces us to play with other people/interact with other players in game, I cannot support that and will not buy it. If the game has to be connected online or something fine but allow me to lock my game to play on my own if you want those like myself to fork over money to play this game please do not mess it up by forcing team play. The trailer has me so excited but this series is a solo experience for me and always will be. Please don’t ruin that. This game is supposed to harken back to its roots. Well its roots are Diablo and Diablo 2 and both of them had an offline solo mode.

Someone lied to you.

You can play solo if you want, it wouldn’t make any sense if you couldn’t. What you probably heard is there will be no offline-mode. As far as playing solo, dungeons and other area instances will be your party’s while other areas, maybe larger towns and hubs, will be public or open to everybody.