I thought i had the full game but i don't think i do

I just created my battle.net account and started playing Diablo III, problem is that I can’t play past the skeleton king quest. What do I do now?

Buy the game. If you have already bought it, see:

You’re playing the Starter Edition of Diablo III – a free / demo version of the game. It allows you to play the game a little to see if you like it.

It also allows you to confirm that your computer system can run the game.

4 Likes

I believe Blizzard has it on sale at the moment so it’s a good time to grab it. If your budget can stretch to it, I thoroughly recommend the necromancer DLC (See below). As well as a fun class to play, it also comes with 2 extra stash tabs for storing all your lovely primal goodies. I’d strongly advise against just D3. Reaper of Souls adds so much more: level 70, Adventure Mode, the Crusader class, plus Act V. I think you need it to play seasons as well, but honestly, I’m guessing as I bought RoS as soon as it was released.

Edit: they certainly do have it on sale. Funnily enough, at least in my location, they’re currently offering D3+Reaper of Souls + Necromancer for $2 less than D3 + Reaper of Souls.

I mean… What the heck? How can necromancer be deemed P2W if you pay less to get it? :laughing:
Imgur

2 Likes

And 2 extra Character Slots.  

Correct. Since Season Journey Objectives:

• Take place in Adventure Mode. (99.99% of the time).
  • Require reaching Character Level 70.
  • Require Bounties in Act V. (Like killing Malthael).
  • And so on…
2 Likes

Should be interesting to see what OP decided to buy…

He / She is no longer a Starter Edition…

(I checked the price difference for Canada; for a new account, it’s a penny more for Eternal Collection compared to Battle Chest). Definitely worth it even if one doesn’t play the Necro.

2 Likes

Well since you’re getting $1.99 plus the Necro pack on top of the Battle Chest version, I’d call that Paid 2 Win :rofl:

The best deal though was the D2R + D3 pack that I think they scrapped for the one that now includes D2R/D3/D4. That old deal was like an extra $5 for D3+ROS+Necro here in Oz.

1 Like

Just as strange fact, despite the journey not being completable, the vanilla game (non RoS) still allows creation of seasonal characters. Weird.

3 Likes

I did not know that.

If you buy the Eternal game you do not get everything. You think you do but you don’t. Don’t try to tell me I’m wrong. I just went through this with Support. You still have to buy this to have everything.

Diablo® III: Reaper of Souls™ – Digital Deluxe Upgrade

You think WOW I just bought the whole game NOT!!! You think WOW I just got the whole game on Sale NOT!!! It will still cost you over $50 for the Whole game.

That part of the game is hidden Diablo® III: Reaper of Souls™ – Digital Deluxe Upgrade. The only way you can get it is through support.

Feb. 15 2023 - Diablo® III: Eternal Collection™ - $31.26

June 4 2024 - Diablo® III: Reaper of Souls™ – Digital Deluxe Upgrade - $21.20

Yes you can but you can’t play with anybody. I was working on somebody’s computer that just had that part of the game. Tried join a game with one my accounts and said he couldn’t join.

1 Like

Yeah. It would take that 1 in a million chance that someone is playing on vanilla is running around.