I take all this back! Thanks for nothing!

Continuing the discussion from Where are the DH players?:

This thread is incredibly old. Six months before last season to be exact.

Though not everything was listened to, there was a lot of concerns that were met with the introduction of GoD.

1 for me was item diversity in our sets. GoD is the most flexible, I believe, of any set in the game when it comes to item diversity. Though, my biggest issue was Dawn being mandatory in every build we have, which it still is for the most part, the real issue I had was how it hampered our ability to work other weapons in the cube or equipped.

Lo and behold, along come GoD and there’s several options in the weapon department, Bows, 1 hand x-bows, and 2 hand xbows or dual wielding are all viable. Voila, my issues with Dawn are mitigated.

The other biggest issue brought up in the thread was the DH being behind other classes when it comes to solo GR pushing. Bam! GoD comes along and we’re back in the running again. There’s still the issue of it now outshining all our other sets but I won’t whine too much about that.

There’s still stuff I’d like to see as far as the class goes but you guys deserve a big “Thank You” from our community for doing all you’ve done to listen to address a lot of the issues brought up in this thread.

So…

Thank You from this DH and if I might be so bold to speak for the DH community, I think we all would agree.

Edit: As soon as I go about thanking the devs for giving us GoD, they take it away.

FIGURES!!!

10 Likes

GoD definitely is one of the most versatile sets available. No other set on any class comes even close with different and viable build variations. Most other build are pretty locked in when it comes to gearing, having very little room for variation. GoD on the other hand offers a lot of options from GR pushing to T16 speed builds.

It also doesn’t hurt that GoD is really fun to play.

1 Like

I hope that they won’t nerf GoD in the next patch and actually buffing the weaker DH sets.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t buff the other DH sets, I’d rather buff their support items. For example UE gives 30100% damage bonus at 86 discipline which is already substancial but both Multishot items, Yang’s and DML, have only 200% damage buff each which is rather miserable. Buffing other supporting legendaries could give even more build variations.

One of the key reasons why DH also barely has any LoD builds (other than Rapid Fire) is that supporting legendaries have tiny damage buffs and sets have huge ones.

5 Likes

The new set dominates, as does Odyssey’s End. Hopefully other non-spin play styles can match the power of GoD6 in the upcoming patch. It is a high goal post to clear. I crave vault/stutter-step again.

Could we see better set upgrades than last patch? Some were ineffective: Innas, Rolands, Uliana, Seekers, Helltooth, Arachyr.

Am I too optimistic to think these were a prelude to a larger wave of legendary items upgrades?

Season 22 has been great for all classes, if the 4th cube were to become permanent, they’d need to address certain overperforming builds. S22 exposes the classes that have strong sweeping legendary effects: looking at you Necro and Crusader.

Dawn is essential until some other DH weapon offers more than 25% damage. DH is lacking in that department, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing considering GoD6 is already so powerful with 2 flexible weapon slots.

2 Likes

What? 60+ trillion damage without a power pylon to anything at and beyond the edge of the screen is normal, right? :grin:

1 Like

That work for me. I just want all those weaker got buffed directly or indirectly.

1 Like

No more normal than the crusader socking things for 7+ Quadrillion!

2 Likes

I don’t think they’ll nerf GoD. There’s really no need. I mean, it’s well within where it should be running. Could it be fixed? Yeah definitely. If they make it to where Hungering Arrow pierces the Waller affix and somehow adjust it so that it isn’t so OP against Missile Dampening elites, it would equate to all the nerf the set might need. In fact, it might even need a buff after those fixes. Until then, it’s good where it is.

As far as other needs, even with Odyssey’s End as good as it is, it isn’t meta in the high end. Our zdps build is comparable to some other speed 4 man set ups but as far as having build that’s meta in 4 man pushes, well our class needs a lot work in that area.

Some folks are okay though with a spot in the speed runs, which isn’t really anything to complain about but a place in the 4 man push meta would also be appreciated by many DH players.

The problem, none of our sets, even GoD, are powerful enough to put us in that category and means that more than likely a new set would have to be made just for 4 man pushes. I’m not going to hold my breath on that happening though.

1 Like

I don’t really think MD is game breaking. The odds of getting one in your GR journey, and the odds of getting one on a good map where you can build density around it are slim, it’s not like a common occurance.

On the other hand, you are almost guaranteed to run into juggs, wallers, shielding or combos of all the above.

GoD doesn’t need any nerfs, it’s not an OP set, you will never see GoD dps in speeds meta or in pushing meta. Solo is okay, but nothing spectacular, you rely heavily on high density and good mob types for your AD / pierces to work, you will never kill a solo pack of elites / champions like a sadder or BS necro can, and your single target dmg is also very weak.

Keep in mind that we got a buff to GoD thanks to 4th slot (enabling both Aug’s and CC3 versions to work, as well as normal setup to run both CoE and Elusive), if 4th slot won’t stay after S22, we will loose several GR’s in power most likely.

I agree that supporting legendaries need a rework to open up more sets / LoD, heck I wouldn’t mind if GoD would be only a bounties / keys / low gem + build, if other builds could get a spot in meta, be it speeds or pushing (apart from Zdh ofc).

However, one thing is certain - for me at least. If we lose 4th cube slot, more peeps will run ZDH in push / speeds, since both sadder and necro will lose quite some power, and the debuffs we provide (and toughness via sentry) will become more relevant.

1 Like

We can look at the non-season leaderboards to sum up our zdps build. There are much better options even with Odyssey’s. Toughness, has it, sure. But the buffs we can provide are very inferior to other classes in the damage department. Odyssey’s is the saving grace, that’s true. And our zdps can run with some other builds it’s just an inferior choice and as such isn’t in the push meta whether there is a season theme or not.

But listen, I don’t play group other than the occasional two man run and that’s just for fun and not to destroy the leaderboards so you might have a more informed opinion. In essence, I’m just parroting what I’ve heard others with more experience in the subject say.

Am no expert either, but our clan, my friends and peeps from community (Greater Rift etc) always want a zdh in the group, be it 120-140 speeds, or 145-150 pushes / gem ups.

On the contrary I noticed a zmonk decline (we did try triple support with a squirts BS necro, but wasn’t really impressed). Zbarb as always most sought since it fits in all types of speeds / pushes.

I think Rats is only setup that doesn’t need a Zdh pretty much (and they don’t even run 2 x mages either, they run 1 mages and 1 BS, with the norm znec + xp barb).

Cheers!

1 Like

This just brings back the painful memories of me accidentally salvaging almost my entire GoD setup from season 21 instead of putting it in my NS stash because I was a little bit drunk and forgot that I had my speed build equipped and had the push one in the inventory.

That’s not quite true. The more Discipline you have, the less damage increase you get due diminishing returns, so that the real damage is much less than 30100%.

The UE set gives 350% increased damage per point of discipline.
86 * 350% = 30100% in total.

Yes, this is what everyone would think, but the ue damage is calculated differenty. This is also the reason why stone of jordan is not recommended for this set. Although the ring gives 10 Discipline points, you only gain about 12% damage increase with it

I know how relative changes work. The difference between 86 and 85 points of discipline is 30100/29750 = ~1.012, meaning 1.2%.

That was however not the point of the post you originally responded to.

Hmmm, we might say the same thing, we just see it differently. The 1.2% dmg increase you pointed out starts actually right after the 80th discipline point

I just still don’t understand why you started this unnecessary offtopic. The relative increase was not the point of the post you originally responed to. The point was just the overall damage buff.

86 * 350% = 30100%
Is there some math saying that equation is incorrect?

1 Like

I agree that overall many sets have sufficient damage to warrant increases only on supporting non-set legendary items. There are only a few sets that need serious attention to not just the set but also the mechanics like Firebirds (there are others in other classes), but overall, the items relevant to specific sets in many scenarios will do the the job.