I Played The Diablo IV Demo Eight Times Today

I loved the demo too and that is coming from someone who is extremely picky, hesitant and worried about the future of the franchise.

So,How does this work for a ā€œBig Bossā€ if you are running solo ? They give any indication on how they are going to do it or will it just be a less people down to solo the more time it takes to kill?

You cant beat world boss solo game will work like in d3 4 players cap but when it comes to world bosses you need way bigger party.

1 Like

Soā€¦ how was Diablo Immortal? :smiley:

The WoW expansion is on basically the same timeline theyā€™ve been following for a decade with that game, so Iā€™m not sure why this is disheartening.

Obviously they donā€™t want a D2 remaster competing with D4, and letā€™s face it - a D2 remaster isnā€™t needed with D4 now.

1 Like

All great, except the 10 minute 19 man boss. That sounds like an MMO glass ceiling where solo play is locked out of top tier play.

1 Like

That rather depends on what the boss drops and what the drops are used for, if anything.

But honestly, a couple of things you canā€™t do solo is hardly locking people out of ā€œtop tierā€ play, especially since we donā€™t even know enough to say what top tier play IS yet.

2 Likes

Just the fact that it happens.

In D3, solo push is the gold standard.

In D2, Ubers were soloable by a few builds.

Losing that angle would suck cheese. I dont play games to be in a clan. I play for a work break!

Yet D3 is the gold standard for multiplayer enjoyment in these game types.

And that shows a good example of why forcing something to be multiplayer only is not necessary. You can make a solo player be able to do all content while still letting playing other people to be fun.

Honestly, between everything I have heard, I have a growing suspicion of a subscription becoming necessary to play at all.

They stated that the plan right now is for keyed dungeons (rifts) to be the top difficulty content and my guess is that will be soloable.

1 Like

Na,It is going to be a huge push towards a cosmetics store . Watching the video of the panel they taked a bit about char. customization and the tons of ways they are going to let you customize. This would lead me to think they have finally figured out that cosmetics are the way to go along with stash tabs ECT (Like PoE does ) to genetate money and keep the game as Non PTW .

2 Likes

A few things like world bosses requiring multiple players is hardly forcing the game to be multiplayer only.

I honestly would have no problem with this - depending, of course, on what exactly the sub costs and the content release schedule it dictates.

But I seriously doubt D4 will have a sub.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s my question:

One of the things that bugged me about D3 was that you could only raise the difficulty so high until you hit level 60, when Torment was finally unlocked. So I breezed through the first two acts of the story thinking ā€œThis is too easy, I canā€™t wait until I hit 60.ā€

Is D4 the same way, or can you set difficulty as high as you want from the start?

EDIT: Actually, I shouldnā€™t say it was all too easy. Belial was a b-word to defeat even on Expert.

I loved just about everything that we got to see, but this is the bit that makes me cringe. I know they didnā€™t say that D4 would be a MMO, but based on this and a few other things it sure as hell feels like one.

Fingers crossed that they prove me wrong.

I donā€™t think D3 devs hated D2 for what itā€™s worth. I think they just had this idea of WoW-ifiying Diablo though, thinking it would be more well received than it was. I think the whole console port aspect skewed the game design a lot too. As long as the D4 team focuses on Diablo aspects, I think weā€™ll get a great Diablo game.

Thereā€™s Diablo 4 on the horizon. Who cares about an inferior mobile version?

This game will be great. After I saw all panels and the gameplay IĀ“m really hyped.

1 Like

ā€œF that loserā€

Diablo game -> Diablo font.
Gothic environment -> gothic font.

Given that because of contrast there should be more than just 1 font, they should choose gothic fonts as 2nd and 3rd option apart from the obvious Diablo font. Just Google ā€œGothic fontā€ and youā€™ll know what Iā€™m talking about.

1 Like