I need some Advice for Hydra Sorc Build (hc)

Hi.
I’m playing Hydra Sorc Build in Hc and i need an advice for second Weapon.
1 ofc Hydra Stuff
for second i’m using atm Echoing Fury for ias for pets-Hydras , but isnt good vs Riftboss.

Any other Idea ?
I know second weapon shoud be Fragment of destiny, but i don’t go melee in HC.
Playing Long Range Hydra with Zeis Stone.

So, still echoing Fury or Rimheart, furnance or… ?

Thanks

Why would you need to go melee with Fragment of Destiny?

Taking anything else is shooting yourself in the foot. 300% Hydra damage is hard to beat.

1 Like

Optimal for Hydra is Fragment of Destiny and Winter Flurry worn with Serpent Sparker, The Magister, and Ring of Royal Grandeur cubed. I cannot see any good reason to not use both of those whether for SC or HC.

Winter Flurry gives up to 150 percent increased damage to targets within a blizzard, any of the blizzard runes will do, usually apocalypse is used for the larger area of effect.

For HC you would wear the crafted Guardian Helm and belt. Ash bracers and Halo of Karini ring. Storm Armor Reactive to proc the ring at a distance. Dominance and Galvanizing Ward passives to boost shields.

1 Like

LoL, you are right, i dont have to use melee for fragment of destiny.
Damn, sometimes i’m so dumb.

Btw, i use winter Flury , i use Magister because Tasker and Theo in cube.
I use Guardian Belt and Bracers for set. So cant use the shield bracers.
And Tasker and Theo is requiered for the build.

Oh and i use halo Arlyse ring because found one primal.
Dont have the storm Armor ring

Well that ring is only good in melee range, so even primal will not be as good as a normal Karini, you will want to get one if you can.

As for Tasker and Theo, I will use that in SC, but for HC it’s much safer to do the Guardian helm and belt and shield bracer instead. To me the minor gain from the attack speed is not worth the loss of that much survivability. But do what you like as always.

2 Likes

i have made now exactly what you said. can see in my profile. its much safer, but the -50% ias for hydras is really missing.

1 Like

Looks mostly good. Now that you have good shields and defense you can use Squirt’s Necklace instead of that Tal Amulet. Also make sure you have Ring of Royal Grandeur selected in cube, not showing that active on your profile page.

na i dont like that amu, have Hellfire now, and i played alot enough d3 to know the ring is in cube :wink:
its not shown on every profile.

Squirts is really dangerous in HC

2 Likes

Fair enough, with those defenses tho you can change Blur to Cold blooded for more damage.

1 Like

Good discussion. OP needs to move this thread to Wizard Forum.

Right.
No Clue why i posted this in crusader.
Probably out of habit :smiley:

1 Like

You can still move it. Click the pencil on the Topic Header and move to Wizard.

1 Like

Thanks for info.
Did it.

1 Like