I love this game but I'm requesting a refund

This clown calling for a boycott…noone cares

4 Likes

Vicarious Visions as far as I am aware has not been implicated in the blizzard investigation and lawsuit. So while I have dropped most blizzard games going forward. I think supporting D2R isn’t the same as support say WoW, or hearthstone etc.

5 Likes

Nah, what is cringe is you trying to be a hero to this individual by calling out others. Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and cancel also?

If I still had anything being spent on Blizzard products, minus Diablo, I’d likely be stopping my subscriptions or my plan to spend $X on the next HS expansion.

Diablo, to me, and especially D2(+R) has too much nostalgia for me personally to stop any spending on even if the allegations are found to be true.

Your 39.99 does not matter to anyone.

1 Like

This game is going to have such a fantastic player base after these virtue signallers leave. Please do. Everyone that uses the word “toxic” should leave. Take a stand!

3 Likes

Stay gold fellow traveler.

3 Likes

Good to know! When I heard about this I’d already pre-ordered (and hadn’t thought of asking for a refund. And honestly probably wouldn’t have anyway) but I did hope that the division or team or whatever was working on this game weren’t involved. Two things were pretty gross on this post. The dramatic flouncing (OP) and the victim blaming (only one that I saw.) Nice to see most people could have a rational discussion AND tell me what I wanted to hear!

I already answered your question in my last post… better you only answer on posts, which you really read.

Not pretending to be a hero… I just say, I respect people who stand up for what they believe in. He does so and he does peacefully. People, who call him a troll for that, deserve being called out. He doesn’t do anything to anyone in this forum. So why would people offend him?

I don’t care I will continue to play Blizzard’s game if they are good.

3 Likes

I follow the idea that most companies have people in charge or are major decision makers that do idiotic things or have screwed up beliefs that are against my personal code of ethics. Some of these idiocies are more known and public than others. If we tried to cancel or boycott all of them, we probably wouldn’t be able to live; it would affect our ability to eat, drink, cloth and shelter ourselves, as well as entertain ourselves.

Do I condone these accusations, no. But I’m also not naive enough to not believe these things happen. To deprive ourselves of something because of indirect reasons, is silly. VV is not traditionally Blizzard, but Activision, and only came under the Blizzard umbrella last year, where in person contact was limited due to the nightmare of 2020. I think for one, D2R is safe from direct involvement in the scandal.

Now if developers working directly under VV were found guilty of this, then that would give second thought on justification for following through. I’ve had a recent example of this in my life this year, as one of my (ex) favorite band’s guitarist and main songwriter (pretty much he IS the face of the band), was outed as one of the first insurgents that forced their way into the capital building on Jan 6., as well and finding out some of his beliefs into the issues plaguing last year (I really stopped paying as much direct attention to bands a decade ago). Needless to say, I was sickened. I originally thought I could still enjoy their music, as the rest of the band did nothing wrong, and I love the different vocalists throughout the band’s career, but just not buy anything else from them. I ended up just throwing away all of my CDs, not out of cancel culture, but because the music just gave me no joy anymore. There are many lines I can still listen to an artist, regardless of what they do in their personal lives; this was not one of them.

If I stopped buying products or services from companies that have ethical and moral issues, I would never be able to purchase anything ever again.

4 Likes

Don’t let others determine what you like and how you choose to have fun, even Blizzard themselves.

If you want to play D2 because it’s a great game, then play it. Honestly no one really cares about a one man protest.

1 Like

Good for you if that makes you feel better.

its been stated here by other but yeah, i dont think “refunding” a game, is the proper recourse, to this scandal, even more so because its vicarious visions and not blizzard doing the remake. if it was boycotting d4 that would make more sense because at least its blizzard themselves making it… but yeah i dont think boycotting d2:R is the right approach to this particular issue.

if it was vicarious visions with the scandal … maybe it might be, but i still dont think those are the proper channels.

D2R - only men, only hardcore!!!

I could sort of see a person taking the stance that: “I will not buy any more products until the company fires person (A), person (B), person (C)” but to say “I will not buy any products ever again, end of story” is kind of unfair to the other 95% of the company who has worked hard & acted right.

7 Likes

Clearly, you don’t understand the whole situation at Activision/Blizzard and it’s not even funny at all! This is very serious problem from the company itself. The government from State of California filed lawsuit at Activision/Blizzard for sexual harassments and mistreated female employees with injustice salaries. So therefore, stop trolling and stop making jokes.

2 Likes

I’m not going to excuse this but just point out that its VV who is in substance making this game, not blizzard. I don’t know if anything related to VV is in the lawsuit that you most certainly are going off of but i can’t help but think VV might suffer too if people refund for this reason (maybe undeservedly)

it wasn’t blizzard that passed around naked photos of the broad. it was actual individuals.

I don’t know why you’re falling for the marketting trick and getting mad at a company that isn’t actually a physical entity.

you know there was actual dudes that did this stuff right?

get their names and spread that stuff. That might sound like its cancel culture, but its not. We arn’t digging up comedians that dropped an n bomb in 1993, we are talking about deplorable stuff that happened up recently, if not ongoing?!

come on now, stop being an angry mob and think logically. 99% of you are literally just being an angry twitter mob because its socially acceptable to do such, and the things you say on the subject betray you on this.

2 Likes