I love this game but I'm requesting a refund

With everything going on it just feels wrong not to do so. Was I excited that my favorite game of all time is getting a remaster? Yes! Of course, yes! But there’s just too much going on at ActiBlizzard not to do anything. I was planning on making YouTube videos day-one and maybe I’d even start streaming, but the plan has changed.

I’m fully aware that this may get my account banned and I’m okay with that.

What has (and is continuing to) happen ActiBlizz is not okay and something has to be done about it. No more excuses and no more stalling.

I fully encourage other players to request a refund like I will be doing in the morning. The past few days I’ve been trying to rationalize why I’ll still be playing the game on release, but I’ve finally grew a pair and I’m refusing to do so.

Sorry Vicarious Visions, you have been doing a great job. Let’s see if I still have an account in the morning. At least I’ll be able to sleep better tonight.

For people who are confused, I am cancelling because of the recent news about what has been happening in the company and not because of the game itself. I have requested the refund already so my privileges to post here will probably be revoked if I’m not banned.

Good luck everyone. Please consider doing the same. Thank you!

Final edit: I’ve requested my account be deleted. Goodbye everyone, it was nice meeting you.

8 Likes

What are you crying about exactly?

20 Likes

I’m not falling for that bait. You’re either oblivious or a troll. It’s a lose/lose scenario.

9 Likes

Lmao ok. So we chalk this up to you mad cause bad. Got it.

6 Likes

Is this about the frat boy culture? They are being sued for that right now. I don’t exactly know by whom but supposedly by one of the victims or group of victims.
This is actually common happenings in modern working places. Especially since we live in a society where we are more open towards sex. I mean how many of these cases have we heard? Catering businesses, Military branches, Markets, Government branches, and even in Law firms! The team investigating Activision Blizzard’s working place environment right now is doing what they have to do, yes? So let them bring order. I don’t think boycotting their entire or specific product is going to help anything. It’s not like everyone was involved. Besides the women worked on these games too. Boycotting would be punishing them as well, in a sense.
If you really want to help them then maybe you should find out whether you can directly fund their lawsuit or something.

12 Likes

I just want to say that the article I read didn’t have solid proof of anything, and apparently they had a problem with 20% of the employees being women and 80% men… However I looked into it and that is how it is with a lot of other game development companies. According to 2 different sources, 72% of all game developers are men and 28% are women and that is just up to personal preference. Not because they aren’t allowing women to be employed.

I don’t know that much about it but I’m not really worried. A lot of companies get blamed for things they don’t actually support or tolerate. (in regards to allegations) but I think it isn’t really fair to say a company is sexist because most of the staff/employees happen to be male. I also don’t know why they had to include race into it but California is the one suing them and they love to make everything about race.

Anyway I don’t think because of a couple of employees doing stuff is a reason to really refund. I think a lot of people are working hard on this game and not playing it and getting a refund doesn’t really help anyone… I understand your frustration and I hope women are treated right in every workplace but I also think there are better ways to support that and we don’t even know what’s true or not regarding this lawsuit

3 Likes

I agree, a lot of companies have stuff like this happen and I think it’s probably like 1% of the company or something. I think it may be blown out of proportion because nowadays it’s really easy to do that. Race, sex, culture, and wealth are all very controversial subjects in todays world.

Of course I want any wrongdoings to be corrected and I hope anybody harmed or harassed will be compensated but we don’t really know anything right now and getting a refund isn’t really helping.

If the parent company has shady business practises does that mean the game wont be any good? I think D2R is going to be good. I think Vicarious Visions are a decent dev team who care a lot about the quality of this remaster and I’ve been waiting for this game for years.

So I’m going to play it.

Your post comes across as overly dramatic to me. Did you really loose sleep over this? lol.

There is no problem with you refunding your copy of the game if you want but I don’t think you should have come here and made this post trying to encourage other people to refund their copy of the game. Nobody is going to refund their copy of the game because you encouraged them too anyway.

11 Likes

What you are doing is the definition of ripping off your own nose just to spite your face (a common saying here in England).

8 Likes

Really, boycotting the game, done by the amazing VV team, wont help anything in regards of what has happened at Blizzard. If this is all true whats happening currently, the persons concerned receive their deserved punishment, im pretty sure.
Not going to refund

13 Likes

Who cares? I will give you a hint…NO ONE!

12 Likes

I will buy two more copies one for my sec PC and one for NS.

13 Likes

I too will be buying two.
One for PC, one for Switch.
And if I’m lucky enough to find a new, never before used PS5, I’ll buy another one for that console.
And if another lawsuit is levied against actiblizzcorp, I’ll buy three more copies and gift them to my fellow gamers.

2 Likes

It is always a great move to stand for your believes. And if you are strictly against something happening in a company, it is only correct, to not support the products anymore.

And it’s really cringe, to tell someone, who is standing for his believes, that he is trolling or that „nobody cares“. That’s just aweful.

In the end, the only way to do something against things, which go wrong, is to stand up against them, even if it is inconvenient for you.

4 Likes

Seems very unfair and judgment skills here are very poor.

Just because of a few bad apples youre wanting to cut down a whole tree.

4 Likes

True in some way. We cannot support such cruel stuff happening anywhere.
But we have no control over that and m quite certain refunding a game which has nothing to do with that will have an effect on anything. Even if it did, how can you go sure that will hurt the deserved people…
Its equal to: some radical islamian guys killing their wives in our country for religious reason because their wives didnt wear their headscarves for an hour in public.
Now will it help hating the islsmian religion and fighting against it? No it wont, its just the same

2 Likes

No problem with people standing up for their beliefs…

Why try to encourage other people to stand up for his beliefs also?

If he wanted to refund just do it. Why make the post on the way out. smh :slight_smile:

3 Likes

öhm. what happend in the company? im confused.
I will also ask for my money back. but only if something is wrong with the game. I’m not interested in what’s wrong with the company. Those are their problems.

2 Likes

Yes, I still support people standing up against something, they feel important to fight for. I am not saying, that I support this very fight against actiblizzard and I also did not know about whatever happened there.

But I am criticizing the people, judging over OP in a childish way. Even though, this is not my fight, I respect everyone, who restricts themselves for a greater good. No matter, if this very single action changes anything.

2 Likes

See ya. Don’t worry, I’m not going to give you some speech or anything.

Everyone goes their own way.

:wave:

3 Likes