I know the PTR is almost over but

Concerning Shadow 2-piece and mixing it with N6…

Something that came to mind when they made the change to strafe that you could now use with melee melee weapons equipped, that I understand was necessary for season 27’s theme, was that it would cause some problems down the road.

I mean, I was thrilled with that changes implications for GoD but wondered what would happen beyond what I originally was thrilled about.

And now I’m wondering if it might be necessary to undo that change to strafe?

I know the main problem is the 2 piece of Shadow gives a global bonus and it’s mixing with Natalya’s was attempted to be addressed with a change to Shadow’s 2-piece that wound up bugged this PTR, but could it be that the strafe change could also be a culprit?

I mean, could it be that the original idea of strafe was that it wasn’t meant to be used with melee to begin with for reasons to do with the skill itself?

I’m not advocating that the change to strafe be undone but I’m wondering if it might have to be for the health of the game.

Just a thought that crossed my mind this morning and thought I’d ask the community what they thought.

??? What is there to concern?

• The Shadow’s Mantle (2-piece bonus):
    • While equipped with a melee weapon, all damage is increased by 6,000%.
    • While equipped with a melee weapon, the damage of your Bolas, Chakram, Fan of Knives, and Impale is increased by 6,000%.

https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/blog/23893119

There is an issue with the Demon Hunter’s Shadow’s Mantle set where Spike Trap and Grenade both benefit from the 6,000% damage from the 2-piece bonus. This is not working as intended as these skills should not benefit from the bonus.

As our team investigates this further, we want to thank you for your patience as you check out all the updates for this PTR.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/ptr-275-known-issues-1312023/56354

I noted that I know that the major issue is with the 2 piece of Shadow.

But another way they could “fix that” would be to change strafe back to the way it was and then add a bow skill to trigger Spike Traps (rapid fire, strafe what have you".

And I was asking if anyone else was concerned about what would happen going forward when strafe was first changed to allow melee weapons.

Adding Bow as required to trigger traps or adding restrictions to allow what skills melee weapon can trigger and buffed by shadow 2pc has same outcome. Blizzard has picked their form and their concern is S2 synergy with Nat 6pc. Outside of this synergy, they are less concerned how traps are triggered with melee weapons w/o s2 support. No one wants to gimp a 200% multiplier anyway.

Yes, I know that.

But I’m asking if anyone else was concerned with the change to strafe? And that has nothing to do with N6, S2 or anything else. (edit: but maybe to do with GoD which I also noted in the opening post.)

I’m not trying to be snarky, but you keep quoting the post in different sections, but did you actually read it?

Edit #2:

But apparently I was the only one, so my thread isn’t that important, just thought I’d ask a question about it to see if anyone else did.