I know I'm a little bit late but did I miss something in S27

It’s luck. I went through echoing nightmares, greater rifts, regular rifts, and many sets of bounties and didn’t get a rend belt for my Barb. Person I was gaming with had similar luck, but eventually found one before me. It happens.

I found more DH stuff, including an ancient Yangs (first one I found), while playing my Barb. Sometimes smartloot isn’t that smart. When I was playing my DH, I got a bunch of Necro stuff. Yeah, seriously. When I was playing my Wiz, I found a bunch of Monk stuff.

Sometimes, play a different class and you will get what you need from the class you really want to play.

Best way to get a useful primal too, well solo play that is. It’s so dang sad it’s true. I have 2 primal mara gear that I got from playing the Barb. Crazy.

I play solo, I’ve never once gotten a primal drop that was not usable for the char that dropped it.

Your amount of paragon has nothing to do with your drop rate. You can be paragon 500 in an hour with a few rushes and not find any loot worthwhile. Play at T16, run rifts, it will drop when you put in the time.

Thinking back to the time I saw some angry Barb player on the forums who said his GR70 primal was a bow.

I got two primal shields (I think they were Crusader shields but not sure if that is possible) a few seasons ago gambling off-hands for my Necro or DH.

I don’t mind smartloot being dumb sometimes though.

Kargon,

I personally hate it when I get the phrase “I find that hard to believe,” but in this case I shall be the one saying that line. I find that hard to believe. Honestly, I do. You are saying that every primal you have gotten was useful in one way or form for the character that dropped it? Never d/e fodder? You never had a cross class primal item drop, ever? Come on, man. That’s just silliness. No one has that luck. No one.

R0xo,

That sounds like classic smart loot. I can understand a piece here and there, anything more and I can’t. I found 2 necro armor pieces, a crusader item, and a dh weapon on a T16 rift run for GR keys and I was playing the Barb. The crusader item I can understand, it’s str like the Barb, but the others are int and agil. That’s just silly.

Similar situations have happened running GRs. That sucks when the 12 items on a GR 90 are not guaranteed legendaries. I generally get 9 or 10 legendaries and any combo of yellow and blue items. Hmm. 10 legendaries, a yellow, and a blue. 2-4 of those 10 legendaries are for another class and the others are d/e fodder. Granted those 2-4 would most likely be d/e fodder, but there is also a ‘wasted’ chance it could be class related, i.e. useful or an upgrade.

What is frustrating, is when I am gearing up a fresh 70 (any class) and the first few legendaries (very important at this time, drop rate is poor in lower torments) are for another class, especially a different main stat. Okay, thank you for the free forgotten soul, other than that, useless… unless I plan on playing that ‘other’ class in the future. Even then, they are sitting in my stash collecting dust because they can’t be equipped.

That happens to me a lot. I remember it on my old account and this one as well. I feel for that poor Barb that got a bow for his first primal. A worthless Barb item is one thing, but another class is just an insult and proves how brokenly stupid primals are vs. what they could have been, something useful.

With your own words:

In my words: Doesn’t happen.

Nope, never. (caveat for potentially getting a generic item that happened to roll for another class that use the same mainstat, which I guess could have happened.) And I clearly meant “usable” as in the char could equip it, aka use it, vast majority was of course instant salvage due to being crap.

10 are guaranteed legendaries though, so no, you don’t get 9.

i don’t know how much time you play but if you can spam bounties you can get a lot of yellow/blue/white materials and you can try to craft it in Kanai’s cube.

Not believable, especially if you put in more hours than I do.

I am not talking about, for example, a primal flavor that rolled INT when you were playing a STR class, or anything generic like that, nope. I am talking about, say… finding a bow (yangs for example, not a generic one that doesn’t have an ability) while you were playing a non-DH class.

Now if you are a completely new player, then I understand completely. Give it enough time, it will happen. The meme factor is what keeps some people playing the game. Primals are major meme bait.

That’s not true. I ran a 90 with 2 people. I got 9 legendaries, 2 blues, 1 yellow. All 9 were garbage. I was running a Barb and so were the other two players. We were trying to find the rend belt. I didn’t find it, but I di find a few ancient WW set pieces and a decen non-ancient squirts. Matter of fact, I have gotten 3 blues and 9 legendaries before. I even asked if that was a glitch or a thing, since it’s supposed to be 10. Right? Heck there were times when I didn’t get 12 items. I would get the 10 legendaries and either ONE blue or ONE yellow. Hello, #12? You there? In any case no biggy, especially when a 90 is ez 2 min cheese. I chalk it up to the fabled RNGzus and ‘smart’ loot.

not from my personal experiences in every season so far since s10 came to consoles.

OP, you’re having crappy luck. It happens to all of us - 1 or 2 items for your build that just refuse to drop. I’ve had 4 seasons where I’ve spent 22k + shards just to get a chain of shadows belt. I think someone on here told me that that was like a 0.0001% chance of happening. I’m curious as to why it’s a frequent event. Rare things should be rare, not happening all of the time, but I stand by many prior comments in these forums that there is something very sus about the RNG in D3 and that it is broken. I have several theories, but it’s hard to validate them without full access to the game’s src code.

Don’t really care, it’s a fact.

It happening to you 4 times doesn’t mean it’s not rare, not in the grand scheme of things with how many people play.

If the numbers are correct that would literally be one in a million which is rare however you look at it.

I don’t really give a rats you know what about other people. I play the game from my perspective. And to me, happening 4 times is something whacky with the RNG. Blizzard targeting players with crappy RNG cos they criticise their them and their games? Sure thing. It happens.

What? Do you have any proof of this?

Also yes sure your perspective is important in terms of what your experience will be but others’ is important when determining what is rare and not. Like this isn’t even up for debate, you can’t call something statistically right or wrong based on an insignificant sample size. That one guy who got struck by lightning like 7 times could use that argument to say the statistic of how incredibly rare it is to be struck by lightning is false.

No, it doesn’t.

1 Like

yeah, give me unfettered access to Blizzard’s servers. Bet I find it.

So in other words no and you are making claims without even a tiny shred of evidence.

3 Likes

Or, Blizzard is hiding things. Did you ever think of that?

I did yes. But making claims and asserting that they are true with literally zero evidence is illogical.

And you know, you are saying the team of people who don’t even do simple things like “X set is weak and we want it to be 5 tiers better so let’s double the set bonus”, or the other simple improvements that can be made are spending the time to search the internet for people who sweet talk them so they can give them a little gift that wouldn’t even be noticed as anything more than a lucky drop.

1 Like