I feel weak with the "best?" set

Hi

So recently I made a crusader and I guess you can check my profile that I have everything the icy veins, youtube, top sites, whatev says, Aegis of valor set, pig sticker, fate of the fell cube, gems well not the top gems but thats not the main issue I belive. So everything there is yet I do 80B damage with crits at best. I can make GR 70 but I still get whacked tho if I dont move constantly away from danger or any contact with enemies. So if anybody who knows or a crusader aficionado I’m all ears how can I do better. On youtube I see people doing damage numbers I can’t even pronounce and I do mediocare with I guess the same set yet something must be different I belive.

import your profile to d3planner then we maybe can tell you what you are doing wrong.

top aegis of valor build is using norvalds fervor, but is even more squishy than the pig sticker version.

Just because people post on the US forums doesn’t mean their heroes are on that region.
Here’s the OP’s Crusader…

I don’t see the ring of royal grandeur on the Kanai’s cube, that might be the problem as you don’t have the 6 pieces of the set without it.
Having the Gogok on your amulet would also help.

That’s a long-outstanding bug on the armoury site. You can easily tell that’s what’s in the Cube though by the fact that he has the 6-piece Valor and 3-piece Captain Crimson set bonuses active despite only wearing 5 and 2 pieces of them respectively.

Then all I can think of is to find the right gameplay (rotation) and improving the CDR and the gems on the gear, having also the Gogok as I said on previous post.
I would suggest having a look at the guide on maxroll.

I clicked on their name in the forum, which took me to the US Armoury site and when it said no heroes were found I clicked on EU (as their Battlenet ID’s numerical portion starts with a 2 that indicates EU is their home region, it’d start with a 1 for US). So, two entire mouse clicks instead of one…

Anyway, as I’ve already provided a direct link to the OP’s Crusader, do you have any advice for them rather than arguing about whether clicking your mouse twice is too much effort? (I don’t, as it’s not a build I’ve played extensively)

since OP only has one crusader and apparantly hasn’t changed his gear, your strategy actually worked. still, what OP is doing is bad game, and it’s not my job to search for gear in potentially 17 character slots. I hope he does a better job next time.

after seeing the gear I believe that OP hasn’t read the set description and is not properly watching his fist of the heavens multiplier for heavens fury, missing out 8x damage. also what most people struggle with this build is the proper use of CC for activating bracers of fury, missing the 400% dmg buff.

the lack of cooldown on his gear (and in general proper rolls) suggests that he barely has akarat’s champion active, which is why he is dying all the time with his little over 500 paragon (= no toughness).

maybe the op can try using enchantress follower instead of templar, since enchantress have ability to incrs ur toughness and cdr, hopefully it can help

Doesn’t take all ancients and all ancient pieces augmented to get up into big GR territory? Has for me anyway. In fact I’m on my third round of replacing augments - but I’m old and slow.

I collected the ideas, so far what worked out is that I use the Steed set weapon and shield. With them and some new items which are the slightly stronger versions of the current ones I managed to do well in level 90 rifts so Its going on the right track now maybe.

1 Like

CDR should be your #1 priority stat.