I don't want this game to die

Look I get it Diablo 4 is out and I’m sure some people are loving it. But it’s truly not for me. the game is too slow. the game has too much friction between me and killing monsters, the itemization makes me want to pull my hair out… I’ve quit a play session more times just because I had a full inventory and didn’t want to deal with it. Only to come back and realize that same inventory is still there and close the game again. Did I mention the game is too slow?

I want D3 to keep being around with fresh content. its such a nice game man. Nothing makes me happier then to just get back home and relax running a couple of rifts and put a show on the side or a podcast. just pure bliss.

I truly hope blizzard reconsiders ending Diablo 3 life and they keep making new seasons.

18 Likes

There is no way they are going to throw the money into D3 development for free: :point_down:

Reportedly, Blizzard Entertainment was reluctant to commit to a second expansion because Diablo III lacks a steady revenue stream (aside from its Asian, free to play model), whereas most of its other games involve either a subscription fee (e.g. World of Warcraft) or microtransactions (e.g. Hearthstone and Heroes of …

They canceled D3 2nd expansions because it is incapable to generate $$$ on its own.

D4 and DI are where their focus will be.

They won’t, there’s no money in it, any resources they put in won’t see a return. If anything I’m astounded they kept it going as long as they did with new themes.

3 Likes

It is amazing how long they have provided free stuff if you think about it. People do tend to forget that any additional development needs to be financed somehow and if the game has no ongoing monetisation, it’s always done at a loss. It’s irrelevant how much money the game makes at launch with the game sales, any further development afterwards needs to make its own profit.

Business doesn’t work like “The game made $$$$$$$ with sales, it should be enough to sustain further development indefinitely!”

4 Likes

I’d pay for a battle pass or an expansion

5 Likes

I’m sure you’re not alone, given the fact that they axed the second expansion though kinda points to the money counters not thinking there would be enough though to warrant the expense.

At this point where they have officially declared season 29 the last new season any chances are long gone for either.

:sunglasses:

Game that promised no paid DLC ever is getting paid DLC: ‘We need a way to continue to fund the development’

Not even Squad is immune to monetization, it turns out.

D3 is the goat.

But the devs seem to listen to the people who complain about d3 not being d2 enough and they made d4 which is worse.

8 Likes

I sure hope to see some form of new D3 content.
I don’t care wether it’s a remaster, an Expansion, a battle pass or whatever.

D3 is by far the best game in the genre and I sure hope that this gets kept alive.

To be honest, I am more thsn surprised that blizzard kept it alive for free, for that long already tho

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a huge rebalance patch that focuses on “number squash” from the billions/trillions to thousands/tens of thousands dps. It’s not new content, and changing numbers in the code should be an easier fix that provide a breathe of fresh air in meta builds.

Edit1: Oh, and tune down the rates of legendaries dropping, and get rid of the ancient/primal legendary system.

Not really.
A smart business would quickly realize that part of what makes their next product money, is what they did for their previous product.
A game like D3 does not need to generate its own constant revenue for continued development. That development is an investment into selling more of the next product. Which also means it does matter quite a bit how much money a game makes on launch. It shows whether their investment might have been worth it.

I will be back for next season. Its up to Blizz to release it :slight_smile:

Yeah, keep D3 alive!!!

3 Likes

As the development of D3 was canceled because it lacks monetization I would be inclined to disagree.

There is not enough(!!!) money in it for Activision Blizzard.

You can see the monetization Blizzard has been going for over the last few years in WoW, Overwatch, Hearthstone, Diablo Immoral and now Diablo 4.

An expansion alone doesn’t generate enough revenue for Activision to be considered “valuable” and even if they would create a new D3 expansion it would be infested with the same type of shop D4 has now which would then create some serious backlash by D3 fans.

You got to realize that the Blizzard of today is not the Blizzard of 10 years ago which already wasn’t the Blizzard of the 90s and early 2000s anymore.

I would rather pay Blizzard for a long time than have D3 completely abandoned by Blizzard.

3 Likes

You will have to find a lot of people to do the same or be willing to hand over a lot of cash to convince anyone to make another D3 expansion. D3 is considered pretty much a dead game at this point with just a small niche fanbase remaining.

In all of their infinite wisdom I am truly surprised they haven’t made it a subscription-based game yet… $5/10 a month, continued development. Regular ban waves for bots to force more copies sold. Take the profit from D4 since it is supposedly such a huge financial success and create a D3 expansion.

What is the downside? Less people playing which doesn’t affect their revenue?

Massive push back as people can no longer use a service they already paid for? Trying to add a sub after the fact I don’t see work well at all from a PR perspective, certainly not for the small income it would generate. I for one would not pay a sub to play D3.

even though I only play 1 or 2 weeks of a new season or to complete the season journey I still way prefer D3 over D4…D4 is boring af…I got to 55 this season and gave up.

I will play the “new” season of D3 for sure…I’m hoping they do a remaster one I’ll probably break my rule of never buying blizzard games again and buy that if it’s at a decent price.