I dont get maxroll's znecro build

it seems to me its basically about cursing and freezing (in gr groups ive been in freezing wasnt necessary, even 150s).

so why it has stuff that add to my own dps like echoing fury ?
isnt it just better to make a similar build, but with stuff that increase toughness ? and so much there seems unnessasry for groups, i can just replace with exp buffs.

I haven’t looked at any ZNec builds in a while but the older ones used Pestilence 2 piece for free lances to buff crit hit chance. Echoing Fury increases your attack speed which causes more lances to be fired with Devour during Land of the Dead.

1 Like

but if im just a support in the group, why do i need any damage buff ?

Khord already explained, Echoing Fury is a speed buff for your lances.
Because of your Frailty curse giving you kills , your Messerschmidt’s Reaver will reduce your cooldown for Land of the Dead.
Sounds like your group’s not doing Rat Runs if you don’t find the freezing necessary.

1 Like

There are several different version of znecs around. They only have one on maxroll afaik, which is the one used in rat runs. In those runs you go lower GR, and run in 90 seconds. You have the freeze 100% uptime so that your dps (LoD singularity mage) can go super squishy without dying, and it procs their krysbin, and the dps then kill everything before it un-freezes after 10s. The echoing fury is used in that build for the move speed mostly, and the higher attack speed makes your spells a bit faster in general. Rat runs are all about speed. However, rat runs aren’t really played this season, for the first time in in years.

Instead, ppl sometimes use znecs in tal rasha runs, where they have a very different role, and a different setup.

They can be played as third support (with pulling zbarb, zdh and single dps tal rasha), where they don’t freeze, but add crit chance and a lot of damage rings for the dps from the potions that are reset by blood flask. And a big reason to play this setup is that a single wizard lags much less than two wizards.

You can also play znec as first support, so with a zdh and two wiz dps. You still don’t freeze and instead rely on army of the dead for grouping for the wizards.

But afaik, the two znec flavours played with tal rasha don’t have guides on maxroll.

1 Like

During Land of the Dead, Devour causes lances to be automatically fired to everything around you. The number of lances per second is based on your attack speed, which is greatly buffed by Echoing Fury. The lances are not doing damage, but are debuffing enemies with a higher chance to get a critical hit on them and they can get multiple lances on them eventually reaching 100% crit hit chance. The faster that you attack, the more debuffs you give. As was also pointed out, since you have Frailty, you as the ZNec get credit for the kills, so Messerschmidt’s Reaver is proccing on you, causing Land of the Dead to be reset very quickly. Add in the potion Empowered shrine and the CDR in the build, Land of the Dead can be reset before it expires and effectively freeze the entire screen for the entire rift (excluding Juggernauts and some RG’s).

3 Likes

thanks. clears alot.