I done blizzard is dead to me

Let your voice be heard. I doubt a lot of this would happen, but NOBODY wants personal loot even if it’s optional. This is a remaster not “Diablo 2 Soft Turtle Edition”. The QOL has been great, but something like personal loot is game breaking so would be more inventory space. So far I’m amazed with what HAS changed. Let’s hope it stays that way.

Absolutely no source on those figures and absolutely factually wrong. D2 never had those figures in the last 10 years, maybe even including BOTS but DEFINITELY not without bots. D3 figures are not available.

Again baseless talk although preferring does not mean to be a blind emotional blind boy because like I said I prefer D2 but most D3 players crap on D2.

Again irrelevant baseless talk, I am not interested in conspiracy theories or whatever.

Cite a valid source to back your claims up.

Did you not notice that those are PC sales and most of the games you listed are mainly console games? The FF7 port for example was a bad one.

D3 still has those more than D2.

I can refute your contention so easily.

Nobody wants personal loot? WRONG

I want it, so right of the bat your argument is full of wrong. Personal loot doesn’t mean more loot, it doesn’t mean any more loot for no work than FFA loot already does, it just means the loot is divided up, either by player rolls or automatically when a mob dies, and no just going to whoever is running PickIt-For-D2R at the time.

Botters and hack users use picket.

The solution?
Don’t follow bots around.
Make friends with people who don’t cheat.
The end.

Thank god Blizzard understands this deeply complex concept.

That’s not a conspiracy theory, it’s what actually happened and everyone who followed D3 closely knows. Except that Jay being fired probably has a bit to do with saying “f&*@ that loser” to former D2 lead dev.

Every single game he mentioned is on PC and his only wrong thing was claiming that FF7 is the best of the series.

Please re-read my statements again.

The very damned next line you quoted:

:woman_shrugging:

Lol. No figures or facts until it supports your argument.

D2 used to tell you how many were logged in until about 2 years ago when you logged in. Wonder why they removed that feature? At the time, D2 bnet and D3 bnet had similar values according to bnet itself and Playercounter. A substantial amount of D2 players are also playing pc via single player or mods which wouldn’t be included in the bnet figure. D3 is riddled with bots as well. There just isn’t much evidence that D3 isn’t being smashed by D2 on pc.

You yourself claim to be a D3 fan that prefers D2 which is a bit humorous, there are many D3 fans that say that - it’s not such an uncommon disposition even on the D3 forum. Probably all of us tried quite a bit of D3 yet we didn’t stick around and here we are playing D2 or other games instead.

1 Like

You seriously don’t know about the Jay Wilson case? I thought you were a Diablo fan. It’s common sense for anyone who has been following the franchise for a reasonable time.

I literally can’t link for that here because there is a swear word in the URL and the forum doesn’t let me post it. But if you look up “Jay Wilson David Brevik” you’ll find a lot of articles.

1 Like

You obviously are not reading what I am writing, I do not really care much about Blizzard drama but yes I came across that “case”.

All that baseless talk because I asked to cite a source?!?!?!?!

Anyways, most D3 fans are not shy away to show their hatred for D2. Now you are questioning if I prefer D2 over D3, really? Over asking citation? Now you know what I mean when I say most D2 fans are just emotional fanboys?

Factually True.

For years I checked it every time I logged in. It would tell how many people were on bnet and another number of how many were playing D2. D2 was always more populated than War3 and SC:BW combined. They removed it around 2017, if I remember correctly. At any given time there was about 38K playing Diablo 2. More people play D2 than Starcraft II. I think they removed it because it was an embarrassment to the D3 developers. It is likely the very metric they used to decide to remaster D2 and not make a D3 expansion or introduce another character. Even the D2:R forum here has more activity than the amalgamated D3/D4/D:I forum.

The most trackable activity that I know of for D2 is D2JSP, and it to this day has an average D2 post ever 5 seconds 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 12 months a year. Anyone can click on their forum link and see that a post occurred within seconds of them arriving. I just clicked it, a post occurred 3 seconds ago in trade, 38 seconds ago in general discussion and 58 seconds ago in D2:R. https://forums.d2jsp.org/ Follow the link, what numbers do you get. D3 doesn’t have that kind of activity, anywhere.

Factually true.

A quick look at diabloii.net, purediablo.com and facebook will show how big single player is and then add in all the forums the modding community have across all the platforms. This is a guess, but likely very accurate, I suspect the modding and single player community are about 50K active players . Where as D2 on bnet is about 100K active users. I checked the other day and US East Sc alone has about 400 99s and all bnet is projected to have 10K 99s by the time ladder is reset in December.

And I can’t imagine how many D2 Discord communities there are, but I know there are a lot and some of them are massive.

Of course, we can expect the follow argument to be…

Baseless.

What an ignorant response.

1 Like

For reasons you’ll never understand? It’s against the design of the game.
Personal loot is handholding anti-social and cheating and most importantly it is a massive design change. This isn’t a new game, so it’s pretty selfish of you to want them to change it into one.

This game already exists. I’ll never understand the entitled nature of participation trophy kids like you who think they should be given loot just for showing up.

Smashing monsters like loot pinatas is the whole point of diablo. Scrambling to grab items before others do and then interacting (gasp) and trading with one another IS the game.

If you want personal loot you don’t like D2.

1 Like

It’s selfish of me to want an optional system? Do you even hear yourself when you say that?

What an entirely pathetic post on your post. Welcome to your much deserved slot on my ignore list.

1 Like

Yes, it is, because your optional system affects everyone else in this MULTIPLAYER game.
The game has a trade economy and what you want allows people an unfair advantage.

Even if personal loot didn’t drop any additional loot it would still be favorable in that it removes risk vs reward. More players = better loot, which is balanced by the fact that some of those players now compete with you for the loot.

If you allow people to just get their “fair share” without any risk the game changes for everyone. Suddenly everyone (including bots) will be farming 8player games non-stop and every item will be worthless within months.

Smashing loot pinatas and SCRAMBLING to get the loot that comes out is what Diablo is. You wanting to change that is objectively selfish.

1 Like

There is no ignore list in this forum, unless you mean actually ignoring the posts

Yes, their posts are now permanently hidden for me - a handy option these forums allow for. I’m happy to discuss subjects with people who can do so like adults even when their points of view are exactly opposite to my own, but will waste no time whatsoever on people like Hazard.

:point_down:

Deadpool said it best about Hawkeye.

How do you do that? I really want to know

Click on their name, click View Activity, click Normal, see options.

Thank you.

I don’t particularly need the feature but it’s good to know.