I can't believe I survived!

Last night, I decided to level up my HC Crusader. I had been working on my WD to get to the lvl 75 solo GR for the third conquest and my last achievement for the season, but I needed a change. So I took off my LoD and Trapped gems, so I can PL myself, and got on my Crusader.

First thing I do is get myself the Hellfire Amulet and Hellfire Ring, because you can equip those at lvl 1, and of course the Gem of Ease, to equip a lvl 70 weapon at lvl 1. But I noticed that I didn’t have the mats to create the Hellfires, so I got back on my WD to go kill the 4 Infernal Machine guys for the mats.

I get in the first one, with the Skeleton King and I realize, I never re-equipped my LoD and Trapped Gems!!! I tried to port out, but got a message that was unavailable. So now I was in a T13 room with 2 bosses and very little DPS on Hardcore. I was sure I was going to die, just 5 levels away from my goal.

Anyway, I fought on and realized, hey, I am still not dead! Luckily, I was using a modified build with 4 zombie dogs and 3 gargantuans (with short man’s finger) and I still had the Enforcer gem equipped for pet damage.

My Life on Hit was very high, and with the Zombie Dogs healing me for 100% of that amount on each it, I guess it was enough to keep me alive. I just kept running around, shooting darts and letting my pets tank, and I somehow survived.

It was an epic win for me. So epic, I wanted to share. Thank you for indulging me.

3 Likes

Congratulations on that

1 Like

One thing I took to doing, for that very reason lol, is to remove my weapon from hand and put into my inventory as a sign that my char is missing something. It’s a pretty good trigger / reminder to not start something on that char yet :slight_smile: grats on making it through!

1 Like