I am convinced there will be no personal loot

As of right now their philosophy sounds like neither of them, with much more customization than either game.

Lots of unique affixes, on all types of gear…there’s huge potential that D4 could be the best Arpg ever made…let’s hope they don’t screw it up with constant power creep.

Don’t know is a good thing. What I don’t want is an once and done game. Then, it will be an once and done game for many people.

Power creep will be less an issue as of now because they have officially admitted the issue in D3 and say they will do nerf and balance.

umm… Power creep is something most game companies acknowledge, but they still do it. Please don’t think it may not happen in D4 or even D2R.

2 Likes

I mean “less an issue” instead of “not an issue” because they plan to balance and nerf. :slight_smile:

This is good to hear. We need to end the discussion on wow loot.

1 Like

Yeah, this is obvious. It’s also why I like D2 so much. I don’t think I’d like it if in 2014 they added +3 amulets, then again a year later with +4 amulets.

I think game companies, Blizzard included, are failing miserably at what qualifies as dynamic gameplay lately. Tbf, game development is hard as hell, and every game has to cater to players of many different stripes…casual players, 9-5ers, etc…

I really do hope they can nail some really good gameplay, and cut the constant power creep every 3 months, it makes games less fun, imo, to farm for 6 months for one item, then fire up the game the next day and the new patch makes it obsolete. This has happened numerous times to me in D3, and honestly isn’t fun.

The flipside, is that if you keep everything stagnant then certain players get bored and aren’t the min/max type that I am, so the company fails to retain that player base.

Honestly I’m going to buy D4 no matter what, but I’m very skeptical they have a grasp on how bad power creep can ruin a game, based on what D3 has become.

Power creep is one thing I don’t like D3. D2 has less issue because the update has stopped. 1.14d still is much powerful than the first version.

True, but at least Classic is playable, and though it’s not V1.00, it in many ways is actually harder. (Amazon, looking at you)

" there’s no personal loot" this makes me happy to see I think I will treat blazzrd by buying some diablo t shirts lol

2 Likes

I wonder if Rob meant to say “account bound” instead of “personal loot” if you read the text in context as some incorrectly mix these two terms.

See the post here:

PCGamesN new interview w/ D2R leads - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

I started to accept the idea of some changes… although I can’t say I’d welcome a lot of what people are asking for.

I’m just going in with the mindset that we are getting a mostly 1:1 remaster with minor QoL changes, and I’m OK with that. If there are some changes it wont stop me from playing.

I’m not making an argument against changes and it’s not like what I have to say will affect anything, but I’d imagine the safe thing for Blizzard to do is release a mostly faithful remaster. It’s just what people expect, and it doesn’t give people a reason to complain.

1 Like

He may have some mix use of terms, but the central philosophy he tries to deliver is no change, so I don’t really expect ploot to come.

For me, well, I have to admit D2R is not perfect for me, but I am still going to play for hundreds of hours (instead of thousands) and then I will move on to the next game.

Bottom line what he wanted to say is loot system will be unchanged.

Move on. :slight_smile:

They’re not adding personal loot. Give it up. Go play cartoon baby diablo 3 for your little personal loot and a game that plays itself. I don’t understand why this is so hard to grasp.

I’ll bet you money right now, it’s not going to happen. Stop talking about it.

1 Like

Why so serious?

Blizzard asked about personal loot because they were interested in the possibility of adding it to the game.

Use logic.

They’re not adding it. Go play Diablo 3. Also grab a dictionary and look up the word remaster or restore. Ty.

They asked about it for a reason.

By the way, learn some reading comprehension, I have spelled out in numerous posts, including the one you first responded to ignorantly, that I don’t think they’ll add it at launch, nor do I want it.

They won’t add it at all, ty

Why would they have asked about it if they had no intention of considering it?

Use common sense.

E: never mind. Incapable.