Hyped for PTR, when will it come?^^

See the game producer’s post earlier in this thread.

I want to have more specific information, “soon” isn’t gonna be enough.

Agreed, but the way Blizz works is this:

Blizzard Soon - long time away
Soon - maybe this year?
Very very soon - we will have a News Blog or announcement in the coming weeks.
NOW - we can tell you exactly what is going on.

We are at the Soon stage. When they have more info, they will share it.

I really hope that the so-called D3 blog is going to live up to the hype. I mean, there must be a good reason why do they haven’t released it before 2019 ended.

Hope that the blog is also going to included some future development plan for D3.

I feel they shouldn’t have announced the blog at all. Now expectations rocket sky high, likely to be disappointed.
I also doubt a constructive discussion about it will succeed with all the D3 haters lured here by the mindless “post D4 feedback to D3 General”.

2 Likes

That is what I afraid too. What if the blog only 2 paragraph long? Lol

Sending you all some special energy virtual drinks to boost your performance:

3 Likes

@Skelos

What is that thing next to that coffee vessel doing? Looks weird :joy:

My guess is:

• The PTR will come in the week after next week.
  • Patch-Release --> Season-Start will be a week+3 days

That means the late PTR and late final release of the patch have enough time to mature to fit their targeted quality.
Overall they would have more time for everything.

Because the majority of player start to test things AFTER season start (my guess), would then be forced, in a smart way, to test it in the transitional period until the season and the devs can than react on that a bit better.

@Nev or Matt

Just like my comment to see if iam right, the other players won’t see it and i swear i won’t tell them. :joy: :kissing_heart:

Peace

Our design goal is to keep the game fresh and interesting by introducing new sets for each class and adding new legendary powers to before useless legendaries to create new builds or lift existing ones up to current levels.

Have fun and see you in Season 20!

Like this.
Notice - for me this message would be 100% fine, zero sarcasm. However it wouldn’t match people’s expectations.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the changes for this ptr :blush:

I swear you’re as cryptic as a Vorlon. But hey, at least now we know “It has begun…”

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Bouth CM and GP Responding to People in one topic that’s what Comunity Missing last few years
I appreciate it thanks for nevs :sunglasses: and keep up the good work

There is no way that they are going to revamp the whole game when D4 is on the air.

So it is pretty safe that we will be getting the old thing with improvement.

2 Likes

Any news on the blog post? :slight_smile:

He said, Option 1.

Guess i would bet on the week after the next week.

I would bet on 21st of January with a 2-week PTR duration.
Final patch release will have a 1.5 week release age till the next season. That is at least my expected timeline. :sweat_smile:

Yes. Her post in this very thread addressed the blog post.

I’m not sure much about the PTR date, but I’m positive that the blog post and the PTR changelog will be out early next week, as Nev mentioned:

The “remaining” work seems to be alot but actually they’re mostly texts, won’t cost much time and some of those can be done simultaneously (like translation, image capturing and page formatting), so if there’re no major changes those will be up early next week (remember her comment was 3 days ago).

Two weeks later and it is still in progress. I was expecting blog post yesterday. Maybe tomorrow?

I was thinking 1 week before PTR.

Are we going to have 4 month season this time?

1 Like

When does the current season end? Just asking because that is generally a decent indicator? I thought it was around the 22nd February it ended thereabouts?
Not sure, that is why I asked. I’d anticipate the PTR if so around the first or second week of February if so, or at the earliest, next week? If the PTR is running longer, being two weeks, probably no later than the first week.

I guess the PTR will come next week then, but i had high hopes we will see it this week…

The blogpost may come this week then.

I am really exited which classes are getting some love in the next patch and how they resolve their problems.

Anyway…their steps seem really irritating to me:

• Monk new Set…but no overall class balance
  • Crusader new Set…but no overall class balance
  • Barb, class balance changes, but no new set

I really can’t follow their plan, it seems a bit off, to be honest.
Releasing sets without buffing the rest of the class doesn’t help either, this season was simply:
“Play the new sets” instead of: “Here! Now you got a choice”

I guess it will be a long piece by piece release instead of some precise class balancing.

But regardless of their targeted patch sequence, iam very exited this game gets it deserved love.

My post from January 8th

• Soon_______________ 3 weeks
  • Blizzard Soon_______________ 2 weeks
  • Very very soon_______________ 1 week/this week

I guess, next week will be cool. :sweat_smile: