Hydra Changes Feedback

i really dont like these changes where you are essentially nerfing the LoD version of the build and adding the power to the set version.

the set will always have value because you will get the 6 piece set long before you will have all the items in ancient form and a fully levelled 99 LoD gem to make that version work at full power. You also cant use deaths breath set in an LoD version so even later in a season when u get LoD running the set will still be used for running normal t16 rifts etc.

sets being the way everyone had to gear was a terrible idea to start with. youve specifically said this will not be how d4 works so i dont need to explain that, everyone with sense knows its really boring gear wise. LoD has brought life and variety back into the gearing of this game, anywhere theres an LoD version of a build that is the best way to run it the build is instantly more appealing and diverse in the ways it can be run, the loN and then LoD changes have essentially saved itemisation in diablo 3 and made your game good again.

nerfing LoD and putting the bonus on the set instead just takes us backwards to a more boring item situation. the set was always going to have value even with lod being the superior push setup when you were deep enough into a season to put it together for reasons stated above.

just a really bad change imo, the lod just lost so much damage and my hype for playing a wizard now just went out the window. awful.

11 Likes

LoD was leveled, you wanted to make Gr 150 without any effort. He’s my favorite character, but the changes have been good.

1 Like

Well not really. I mean all top end LoD versions of any build are exactly the same anyway so they are basically an unofficial set.

In general I agree with what you are trying to say. At the end of the day the problem with the core fundamentals of the game is that itemization sucks and there is simply no way to fix it without starting over.

3 Likes

im talking about a balance of power away from lod and on to the set, that was the change. the relative power of a hydra build, what gr it can reach, that is not what this thread is about and its not something i care that much about.

and no, not all lod ends up being the same, there is usually a lot more diversity in the skills and items ull see on an lod build than there is on a set build. its also more interesting to get there.

you get the set super quick. and then thats it, you got to the set, it is what it is, you get an ancient version of the glove and then find a primal boot and… its the same thing you been wearing since day 1 of the season. with lod you get the set, and improve the set, and level the lod gem, and then switch to a sub optimal lod setup, and then find entirely different items in ancient form that are better and maybe u change skills around as a result. maybe u found primal meteor boots and ok, well i can do meteor shower in with this hydra thing or primal crown of primus and ok, well i can fit in a slow time here and cube the other had which had a trash roll anyway.

with the set itll just be the set, there wont be a gear progression thats gonna take time to unravel, youll get the 6 piece set virtually right away and then thats you done, its just squeezing out an extra 150 int on a particular slot when u get an ancient version, theres nowhere to go with it really. with lod ur gearing for lod push but ur also gearing for the set version for deaths breath farming, you got 2 separate gear sets going. its far more interesting and provides some actual longevity to bringing all the pieces of the puzzle together.

lod was levelled… i dont even know what thats supposed to mean tbh.

1 Like

It’s a nerf to Tal’s and Reverse Archon Hydra as well.

I guess they really don’t want the set they put the most time into - to be completely irrelevant.

The nerf to LOD is stupid. God forbid people play the game in a different way.

4 Likes

LoD was balanced.
LoD is still the strongest Hydra set, look at the ranking in the PTR, and you will see that the top 50 list is fully used with LoD.

1 Like

It doesn’t feel like they put much time into the set. The transmogs look rehashed and they’re just dealing with one skill. Had it not been for the channeling buff to Hydras, players would complaining that this is just a ‘lay down two hydras and hide’ gameplay.

1 Like

it’s a lot more creative than “frenzy double damage, double stacks, big damage” or “popular build that already exists but mana regen so you can hold the button down”

both barb and wd builds already had LoN versions, there’s never been a hydra build beyond the first day of manald heal.

The LOD gem itself is egregiously over-tuned, and functionally killed the LON Rings. For the past few seasons it’s been the soul proprietor for pushing forward the power creep all-the way to speed 150s. I’d honestly like to see the gem itself get a nerf, as well as some more damage balancing so top-end players can enjoy fighting for tiers instead of a 2 minute time on 150

LoN and LoD has additional gearing options so that nerf you are crying about is utter BS. LoD has 140% elemental damage, whereas the set only gains 40% max. Add to that you her both Mantle of Channeling and Tasker and Theo, LoD has a great advantage and full uptime on bonuses.

So the set needed an advantage that could make it actually competetive. So get out of here when you haven’t done any real testing

1 Like

you dont need to test anything to be aware of those very basic and obvious factors you have just described, I could have told you that within 5 seconds of simply reading what the set did.

my post details why i dont think the set should be competitive at the very high end of ladder pushing, thats the point.

Why shouldn’t the set be competitive at high end? Why not have LoD and set both be very close in power so people can choose what they want to play? They are just trying to bring set closer to LoD. Before this change it was LoD or nothing.

to be honest with you, the TV set needs a lot of help to be viable due to limited defense options, and with the current change, it’s still not enough for set to work well on non-season. if you think the set is going to overtake lod as of current patch, not at all, you still going to gear for lod.

You are right, if you only regard seasons.

But but in non-season people would play LoD from day one and would pulverize the grift level150 frontier.

How does the set compare to LoD Hydra now? I think LoD should always be stronger, it is so much harder to gear for.

LoD was going to be way ahead of the Hydra set sans any changes.

Wish they’d add a 3rd Hydra (when combined with SS) into the set. 3 Hydras should be manageable by the server, surely.

I’d be OK with a 3rd hydra on the 2-piece set bonus. The longer duration I just don’t get. It puts it out of reach of Mammoth LoN.

I took a quick look at the bug forums, no one has reported the DR weirdness yet.

LoD >>> NEW SET cause mammoth hydra, the strongest rune. With the others runes of Hydra skill, New set > LoD. Please, give 10 stacks at 2 mammoth with the set done for Hydra_only skill, no?

SS and Magistrate is a nerf to Typoon too even with the set’s buff
ie 10,000% x 600% x 600% > 12000% x 450% x 450%

either Blizz wants us to use DW + ES to get DPS with the set
or bliiz dont want Typoon dominating