How's the nerf so far

I just stopped playing now considering anything fun I have played gets nerfed and it’s been a good 7 years.

So how’s the nerf affecting on this Chantodo build?

It’s not the worst thing ever. I did a few speeds yesterday, was at 7 mins 114 in bad maps prenerf, did 7 min 114 in good map afterwards. Non-bugged squirts really gives something back. However, there is a problem with slow chantodo stacks, read cratic’s post

I feel it’s definately a kick to the b*lls, can’t speed 105’s solo in 3-5 min range, they are now for me 6-7 mins. The build only feels like it does the damage it used to when there are two stacks and the COE rotation is on cold, anything else and it feel like I’m tickling the monsters.

I use to do 120 in 12mins - now takes me 18 to 20mins

Prenerf: I had GR129 with 95% succes.
Now: So far only one attempt on GR126. Bad map -> 15:10 time.

It matches testing on PTR and what say numbers -> 3,5GR nerf.

For mid GR (4-10) will be a bit less (2-3GR) due to fix Squirt.

For super speed GR it will be whole 3,5GR, because elites dies before cast frozen (bugged Squirt was not problem).

Edit: After more testing (average times of 15+ same GR): It is whole 4GR nerf for super speed GR and push, because less stacks are carry over to next archon. 4GR is for variation with AT.
Mid GR I need more testing. In mid GR is helping fixed and nerf is about 3GR.
Now it is time to test variation with Flame blades (MSR for high speed GR and dual element for push). SP will not have nerf part with less stacks carry over (none stacks are carry over with SP both now and in patch 2.6.6). Variation with SP will have a bit smaller nerf.

Before nerf I was with Wiz faster than UE MS from GR100. Now I am a bit faster with UE MS minimal up to GR105 (GR106-110 need more testing).

1 Like

Thanks. I thought so. Didn’t bother to play anymore. It’s been 7 years and these Devs kept taking away something that is fun. I worked hard to get these builds to work well. It’s really insulting that they take away what each player played and worked hard. I haven’t played the game in almost a month now and D4 is going to be the same experience all over again.

It sucks now. No more needed to be said.

1 Like

So because it’s not OP compared to other classes now it’s not fun? Vyr chantodo is very fun to play still.

The point is, you don’t nerf. They’re supposed to buff everything else up. If they hadn’t been nerfing the wiz since the beginning, we would have a lot of build options to play.

And I guess you never heard them say “there’s no such thing as too much power” but then they nerf your hard earned build.

It’s just a poor approach in gaming. Hell, I stopped playing the barb 3-5 years ago because they neglected it. Even now. So yeah. It’s not fun building a character then they destroy it. It’s not fun when you spend a lot od time on a character since I don’t bot.

If that’s the case then let’s go all out! Every class can solo clear GRift 150 in 3 minutes with basic set items!. /Rolls eyes

2 Likes

That was stupid. It’s clear you don’t see the whole picture and no point discussing it.

It’s funny how you’re the one who can’t see the whole picture. If you never nerf and only buff then you will end up in the situation I stated above. Yes having your favorite class nerfed feels bad, but it’s so much better than continually buffing other classes.

You’re just acting like a little baby and throwing a hissy fit over something so small as a ~3.5 GRift nerf. Even though it will feel more like only 1-2 GRift nerf due to fixing a bug with Squirt’s necklace. You associate fun with a feeling of superiority over anyone else around you. Get over yourself and get back down to earth.

I main Wizard myself and I completely understand the need for this nerf.

1 Like

And just how many player base that are doing >140s solo and 150s meta using Vry Chan? And how many paragon points do these players have? See the picture? Typical arrogant all knowing sheep talking like your know the majority of the player base including botters.

Netf is not fun especially if you work hard to make that build efficient just because some high level paragon players are making it look easy. It’s sheeps like you just bend over on what’s given and telling everyone else it’s fine when it’s not. If you enjoy it, keeping playing. Don’t tell me what’s fun or not.

I played four classes and had to keep moving to different ones when they start messing with it (barb, DH, monk). It’s the wasted effort that hurts when they destroy a build while others are just botting. That, is not fun when you honestly just play the game and the changes are based on these high level players.

I associate fun in making that build effective and efficient. I’m not a high level player (only 120 solo).

1 Like

So what you’re telling me is you are a FOTM player, and you just want the set you build to be the most powerful 24/7 compared to everyone else.

Like I said before, you don’t see the bigger picture. Let me put it in layman’s term for you.

Season 18 Rank 1k GRift clear for each class
Barbarian 101
Crusader 105
Demon Hunter 110
Monk 103
Necromancer 101
Witch Doctor 104
Wizard 120

This is exactly on your level since you said you have cleared a 120. It seems more like Wizard needs to be knocked down way more than a peg or two at your level of play.

You associate fun with being OP. YOU are the type of person to have fun by playing with cheats or hacks to make you immortal and all powerful.

3 Likes

You don’t need to if you can’t see for yourself. You didn’t even read my post and it totally went over your head. Also, if you really love the game, why are you here? I’m not your parent so I’m not going to point to you on where you TOTALLY missed my point. In other words, you are in no position to point things out. Anything you say after here is pretty much void.

But hey, Blizzard needs customers like you.

Definitely not. I have Excel sheet with all my times (super speed GR, speed GR, mid GR, push GR) and it shows something else. Now I have more times for 2.6.7. All times is NS.

Actuall nerf is 3,5-4GR. Fix Squirt is nice (and I love it with both Chant. Wiz. and UE DH), but doesen’t help to much. And second hidden nerf (attempt to fix Bazooka → less stacks carry over to next archon) has a little bigger impact than fix Squirt.
If Bliz. revert Bazooka nerf (which doesn’t help with Bazooka), than I will not complain about Chant. nerf. (than it will be around 3GR nerf with fix Squrit).

I am having an issue running GRs. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have not the best gear, but ancient chantodo and it took me about 12 minutes to kill the rift guardian on GR 97… Sitting on 1 million damage, and cannot seem to do ANY damage to bosses, which is frustrating when a 2 hour long barb can clear 105 GR with no issues at all. I played last season and blew up everything, and this season I feel paper thin, and so weak. I SOMETIMES hit like a truck, and other times only tickle… What am I doing wrong?