How to use D3Planner

I’m starting to learn how to use the D3planner and imported a set from season 18. I wanted to look at the effect of using Coven’s Criterion versus Akarat’s Awakening with an Invoker set. I’ve been playing HC using Coven’s Criterion (Legendary-26%BC, 59% damage reduction) and had an Akarat’s Awakening (AL-31%BC, higher thorns) I could switch too. With the Coven’s Criteria in T16, I was playing primarily with primary skills only and only having to use life when I ran into molten, arcane or multiple elite packs/bosses at the same time. When I used Akarat’s Awakening, I was having to use life regularly when I ran into trash density. I only got slightly better CDR with AA. Could not keep Iron Skin or Champion up continuously. The D3planner is telling me the set has greater damage reduction with AA than with CC. CDR difference was negligible in planner calculations. Apparently the planner does not consider AA’s 1 Sec CDR on all skills but I also did not notice any big difference in play.

I noticed another point I don’t understand. I’m not using Stand Your Ground but the planner is showing zero dodge chance with the set.