How to show picture on this forums?

I just want to post my fan art… and the system always shows" Sorry, you can’t include links in your posts." …why``````````

The forums require you to earn trust level 3 to embed most pictures and links outside of a few trusted sites.

This is done to prevent people from linking to malicious sites, posting inapropraite content, etc.

1 Like
  1. Copy the URL to the clipboard
  2. Paste the URL into your forum post
  3. Highlight the URL in your post
  4. Click the </> button in the editor
  5. This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text
  6. Whilst not clickable, the URL will be properly formatted so others can copy / paste it like this… http://www.ThisIsAnExample.com/HowToMakeLinks.htm
1 Like

The forums require you to earn trust level 3 to embed most pictures and links outside of a few trusted sites.

This is done to prevent people from linking to malicious sites, posting inapropraite content, etc.

And how do you actually get it to show imbeded images? Why link shows up, but no idea how to turn it into an embed image?

…and how to verify the trust level so time isn’t wasted on fruitless endeavors?

And why does this thread show that I’ve only made 2 posts, whereas other threads show I’ve made many more than that? Heck even my avatar pic is different here than elsewhere? Blizz running two different forums?

As an example, the EU and US Diablo III forums are separate instances of Discourse, so your Trust Levels are specific to those regions. The forums for Diablo Immortal, Diablo IV, D2R, HOTS, WoW, Overwatch, Hearthstone are also separate Discourse instances, and have their own Trust Levels. It’s not just one blanket trust level for all of their forums.

Oh, and why necro a three year old post to ask this?

Well, you answered… :wink:

But to be serious.

He has no D3 profile other than US, so he can only mean one of the other games.

As it is technically obvious with the separate Discourse instances, it is - in my opinion - understandable that not everybody thinks about all the complicated technologies running in the background of the things that “just work”. Had to explain that a lot in my admin life, that the user only sees the shiny part, not all the “dirty stuff” that is working behind the facade… And while I said it is technically obvious, it doesn’t mean, that with some effort, will, time and money it is absolutely doable to share data between instances of the “same” server system…

Ignorance or really not knowing what it means to necro a thread. By the way, wasn’t there a discussion once why Blizzard doesn’t automatically lock threads 12 month (or whatever period) after the last post in a thread?

And the last thing, I guess some people use the forum search function and start replying without even looking at the last posts date and / or are misled - in this case it may look as it was just June the 21st… I know, on the right side it says the year… :wink:

They already do precisely this on their legacy forums and the auto-lock is after 30 days. So we know it’s possible, it’s just they don’t implement it on the other Discourse instances for some reason.

Interesting.

30 days seems OK for the “General Discussion”, but for the other categories maybe seems a bit short.

Don’t know the “techno financial” part of a Discourse forum software, but just thought it might be like with some telephone companies. You select what features of the software you want and they “prepare” it for you to use. You are of course not allowed to make any “changes”. If you need more or less features you pay a bit extra, they prepare it for you…

We had (probably still have, but I don’t know since I retired some years ago) a highly sophisticated office phone that was technically capable of everything you can think of to do with a phone in an office environment. Including group video calls long before Corona happened. But two very annoying features were not usable because someone in the decision making department decided that it will be “OK”. The display was 620 x 280 pixels and it was always on - and quite bright too! Not like a normal office phone that lights up when used and then goes back to sleep after. But more annoying was the terrible so called search function. One could not use any wildcards! Either you knew a number or name completely and correct or one was lost. The data sheet of the phone of course listed both of that annoyances as “optional features”…