How to improve quality of life for new player in season 21

My brother and I have been playing the campaign and really enjoying the story. He is new to diablo. We were level 64 on master finishing the campaign before the new season started and really on a good roll, we almost finished the campaign. However We wanted to try the new season last night but found the 90 seconds buffs to be loud and visually distracting from the fights, and he complained he couldn’t see what was going on and wants to stop playing seasonal. Honestly I can’t blame him. But I do enjoy the additional seasonal perks of leveling up a new character so for me the season provides incentive to start new with him. Do you have any suggestions to make season 21 more enjoyable for a new player, so he can play without the noise and visual effects? My first post to this community. Thank you.

Keep in mind that you need one hero who had finished campaign to unlock Adventure mode. Don’t delete or rebirth this hero; otherwise you need to redo the campaign again to unlock adv. mode.

About season theme, I have not problem with audio effect because I tuned the volume very low and play MP3 at background. Game sound volume is just enough to hear Goblin’s sound.

I’m not too much against the visual effect. If you go to some maps (in adv. mode only); the brightness change from one zone to next zone is much worse. You shall know what I mean soonTM.

1 Like

Thank you! Since he is new he is probably playing with his sound effects all the way up, I’ll recommend he turn the volume way down. I think he’ll likely get used to the visual effect but it was new to him and unexpected so maybe with some time.