How to easily tweak the game to annoy us:

-all explosions, like long slow fire blasts or 3-5 Grotesques; all able to 1-shot kill, after they died…!? :pleading_face:
-screenwide poison for a whole riftlevel. :zzz:
-swarms of deadly rangers, like Vile Temptress (why do they 150k damage a pop at T16 ?! … 3 hits and i’m dead) :astonished: :statue_of_liberty:

How about those tongue lashers that will kill ya easily?

Or that KW whose illusions would cast freeze and those frozen corpses simultaneously?

Or bosses that would rage after so long?

Or weapon drops that couldn’t even scratch the monster that dropped it forcing you to the AH?

1 Like

Why make the game have even a modicum of difficulty? Why should we as players have to think and react to the very few things that can actually impact us? I’ll take my full set of perfect primals now please.

2 Likes

Have you considered not standing in the explosions?

5 Likes

that’s not a fair comment:

-the topic isn’t a plea for arcade only, that is already very clear;
-there are just annoying features for each player; i named some of mine. :statue_of_liberty:

A big annoyance is…, The Plague Tunnels filled with Acane Beams in every room as far as the eye can see in every direction.
Dontcha just love it? :anguished:
:peace_symbol:

1 Like

I remember some monsters in D1 that would one shot you no matter how awesome your character was. D2 to had a couple here and there, but nothing like D1.

If you think D3 is bad, then you wouldn’t last at all in the beginning stages of the Diablo franchise. When I talk about those monsters, I am not talking about bosses either.

1 Like

i don’t, where did i state that. :statue_of_liberty:

Seems like you don’t like a challenge.

1 Like

Ground effects like on death explosions of Grotesques are super annoying but you are supposed to avoid them, not stand in them. If you are about to be hit by ground effects and there’s enough clearance to dodge them, then dodge! Move, don’t just stand still.

The ground effects become problematic only when they get combined with waller elites. Especially in narrow corridoors getting walled in can make things difficult. Still, one can always invest more in toughness to survive when occasionally getting hit by ground effects.

3 Likes

obviously!
-The annoyance is that a glorious mobblasting run is spoiled by them, having to flee from dead mobs…(!) or wait until those dead mobs are finished attacking an area…(!)
-And also that they can surprise you, like 5 Grotesques exploding behind a wall and you run right in at 90% speedbonus.
-And those fire pads under you, so small that you cannot even see them, only knowing they were there when you’re dead or almost dead.
etc: There are better choices to have fun and have the need to be alert at the same time.

Nemesis and no i dont mean the one from RE3 im talking the nearly invincible uber powered death dealer who is specifically named for your character that plagues any hero on the console version

1 Like

As a general proposition, when your comment count nears your paragon…you need to play more and talk less.

In fact, I checked your profile on EU, and you have the same paragon as me, but THREE times the elite kills. That means you are playing this game far far below below its max potential. Take the time to learn and improve rather than posting so much.

3 Likes

Get the fire extinguisher it’s getting hot in here.

1 Like

…I think they “tweaked” it to some people already this season…

So what you are saying is we need a new potion, one you activate and a little white blob shoots out of your character onto the ground and then those delayed explosions are prevented from happening?

That is not what I am saying at all. In fact I can not figure out how you came to that from my post. It makes me wonder if we exist on the same plane of cognitive function.

Anyone remember moonseed in desert maps? Kills inattentive nephalem faster than Diablo.

Despite this OP’s threads being usually a bit “special” I can somehow think that he has a point with this one.

We usually have overcrowded levels, a design around packing mobs and spamming areas and a huge amount of screen clutter that removes the concept of player skill to “press immunity” and relying more on cooldowns.

Every single player knows he should move away from projectiles, ground effects, lasers, etc, but it’s very common to see the whole screen filled with those things.

I’d like to need to pay attention to that arrow coming to me to kite it, to move away from that poison pool instead of standing on it expecting to survive, etc.

3 Likes

not exactly:

i play solo, so not MP and no boosting.
that means: i kill the mobs…