How to confuse annoying purists against any change

If we are lucky, those previous patches might be playable offline, if modders can restore them. Like they are in current D2 => perfectly remastered in that sense too :slight_smile: I cant open D2 up now and play 1.07 on closed battlenet either.

So there were 0 game changing content patches from 2005 to 2010. Five years after Blizzard North shut down. So you know what that means, my tin foil hat was right. There weren’t Diablo 2 devs sitting at a desk getting paid to do nothing during that time. Whoever it was was working on WoW at the time. And they come back 5 years later to patch D2 with questionable changes.

If I had to choose a sweet spot for D2, it would be 1.11, since that was done in 2005, right after a major game balancing patch.

Which changes were these?

How is 1.10\1.11 a valid patch and not 1.15

1.10 was as much not a Blizzard North Patch as 1.15 would be

How are 1.10 detrimental changes acceptable but not 1.15 changes that aim to improve the game

It’s more valid to me because that was Blizzard North in their prime (well 1.09 was I guess). Kind of like Anderson The Spider Silva in his prime during his UFC reign.

1.15 is still a valid patch to me as long as it’s community motivated and heavily regulated the same way Riot Games treats League of Legends, with integrity and respect for the piece.

Blizzard didn’t give a rats a** about Diablo 3. That’s what happens when a game dev just simply doesn’t give a good god damn.

I think VV is different than Blizzard. They can be trusted to do a good job that serves everyone in the community.

1 Like

I agree with what you said

only thing i disagree is

everything after 1.09 wasnt made by Blizzard North, it was made by Blizzard Ent, North stopped working onD2 on 1.09 as they were working full time on D3

so if your basis for “the true diablo 2 version” is Blizzard north, everything after 1.09 is invalid somwhat

1 Like

I’m not really into conspiracy stuff… until now haha.

1 Like

this thread sounds like a excuse to pollute Diablo 2R with unnecessary changes.

I have played diablo since 1.09 or a bit before, cant remember, but even i didnt like some of the newer changes.

Just because they did changes in D2 doesnt mean they should go overboard with changes in D2R, you see how people like/dislike D2 patches.
Now people want even more changes… doesnt sound good to me.

Do the people that want drastic changes actually want this game to be like D2 at all? or do they just want something like D3(in D2 skin) easy going ARPG that gives you stuff for little effort?

Leave D2R be, we will get D4. we will get loads of changes :joy: you can even play Diablo Immortal if you want changes!

2 Likes

Oh this tired argument again eh? If you are going to tell people to go play d4, don’t get mad when you get told to go play d2 original.

1 Like

lol, still kinda funny how D2R is supposed to be a remastered with a few QoL tho while people try to drastically change it so it is no longer D2-like

3 Likes

It’s still d2-like but nice try. If you want the original play it.

1 Like

We cant really say if D2R is supposed to be that. The devs seem quite open to more drastic changes.
Whether changes is a good idea or not is a personal opinion of course.

How would it not make it D2 anymore?

What makes D2?

For me it’s the story, the itemization and the skill mechanic

Rebalance the skills and it’s still the same skill mechanic

Rebalance and add new items and it’s still the same itemization system… hell 1.10 partially ruined that aspect by making op runewords

1 Like

by introducing Ploot, free TP, gem/rune stacks as less management needed, charm inv etc many things

Space mamagement has already been changed. The chest is now 10x10 and not 6x8 and there are 3 10x10 shared stash tabs. No ebug, no WSG, ladder items/runewords dropping in non-ladder,no TCP/IP

change title to “how to think you made a real argument”.

No. The remaster is not based on 1.01
changes made in diablo 2 over the years are exactly that, “changes made IN diablo 2”. That has absolutely nothing to do with adding changes in a remaster.
0/10

But stash space doesn’t fix the issues of finding runes and gems which overflows your inventory

Stash space doesn’t fix the issue that trading pgems is a real pain in the butt and scam sensitive because it has to be done in multiple trade

People that are in favour of gem stacking but not in inventory are weird to me… you bring a solution for a problem and deny it to where the problem mainly is

You are a patch off. 1.10 was done by Brevik and crew. It was after that, when Brevik and crew left in 2003.

Listen to what he says, this patch wasn’t made by the Blizzard North team but rather a single person, Peter Hu

By looking at his Bio, he was the only person at Blizzard North working on Diablo 2 between 2002-2004, the rest of the crew working of Diablo 3

So yes and no, I admit I’m partially wrong, it’s still a Official Blizzard North patch, but it’s not a Blizzard North Team patch… it’s like if John Lennon went on a tour alone and people claimed it was the Beatles band

1 Like

It would be the beatles, if it was him, and a group of randos.