How should I roll this valla’s?

Hi all, just gotten this primal valla but I’m not sure how to roll it, it’s stats:-

-damage
-10% damage
-Dex
-IAS
-strafe damage 100%

Needed the 24% area damage so should I roll away DEX, IAS, or strafe damage?

Strafe to AD or CDR depending on what you need.

Thanks.
Is it better to roll away strafe or dex? Does it help much though? (Strafe 100%)

Roll away Strafe!
100% Strafe gives you (almost) nothing in dmg - dex is valuable.

Thanks, I saw most in LB kept their strafe 100% and roll away other stats though…

Strafe isn’t doing any damage. Strafe is just the mechanism to fire your primary skill (Hungering Arrow). So 100% bonus on nothing, is still nothing.

AD or CDR are much better.

Makes sense, but I still wonder why most in lb kept the strafe 100% and roll off other stats instead…hmmm :neutral_face:

It could be that another stat was more “useless” when Valla initially dropped.

hmm but what stats could be more useless than the strafe % which was supposed to be completely ‘nothing’ or help 0.0001% as claimed? :sweat_smile:

The only affix that is as bad as Strafe bonus for GoD is bleed proc. Even Hatred regen helps a tiny bit when there is no enemy around.

1 Like

Hm I guess strafe it Is then :grinning:

still wondering if most in lb gets bleed that’s why they kept strafe lol

If you are pushing the top of the leaderboard, enemies will be around.

This is a game that revolves around a significant amount of RNG. GoD6 build itself also has multiple layers of RNG on top of the typical RNG experienced in GR pushing. The whole idea of pushing is about rolling RNG to favorable situations that will allow you to clear anywhere between 3 to 10+ GR’s more than you normally be able to do on average.

With that said, the clears involving favorable RNG after hours of fishing that you see on the leaderboards doesn’t mean that the exact setup used doesn’t have flaws, useless abilities or stats. There are still individuals out there that believe strafe damage has an effect on primaries shot, or simply believe the strafe damage itself is significant enough to leave on there. Other cases are that the individual did not know it was useless before rolling a different stat on it (more common than you think).

Despite it, keeping it on or rolling it off isn’t going to significantly change your GR progress due to what I stated above. At worst, you’ll just miss out on an additional stat that would have been more useful than the strafe damage.

I got my Primal Valla out of my stash, were i rolled xy to AD or so, 2-3 years ago.
In those days +100% Strafe was useful for the T13 LoN-Strafe-farm build.

Ok got it, thanks guys. Will roll away the strafe damage…

So what’s the purpose of Valla’s then? Just the piercing effect?

1 Like

Since strafe 100% doesn’t actually help much (close to nothing according to what discussed above), guess you still benefit from all pierce affix…

For me is was simply something to fill in the weapon slot until something better comes along so I could run Dawn.