How should I roll these Voo’s? And what’s best stat on Voo’s

hi, what’s the perfect stats on a Voo’s?
I rolled 4 primals with different stats. It seems like 10% damage and Atk speed 7% is mandatory (from LB), please advise which is worth keeping, or how should I roll them?

1. Cold Damage/ Int 1000/ elite damage 8%, CDR 10%/ Barrage 60%

2. Cold damage/ Int 1000/ Vit 1000/ CDR 10%/ Barrage 60%

3. Cold Damage/ Int 1000/ Life per hit/ Mana regen/ barrage 60%

4. Cold damage/ Int 1000/ Vit 1000/ Mana regen/ barrage 60%

I think only no. 1 and 2 are usable and no.3 and 4 were ruined by mana regen?

Thanks for advise.

Vit and Mana regen are not optimal stats to be honest. I would go with your first one and change cdr to attack speed. You are playing mundunugu set, right ? Do you have cooldown reduction on some of your other gear? If your CDR is satisfying you can forget the CDR roll on the weapon and go with attack speed. If you desperately need CDR, keep it like that or go with your second weapon and change vit to attack speed. The secondary stat can be helpful some times. Probably the best one is to have (*) life after kill or something like that, but it’s not the end of the world if you can’t find one.

Thanks.
Yes I’m using the mundunugu build.
So either first and second has 10% damage, is it ok to go without it?

I have also just gotten an ancient with 10% dmg, IAS 7%, and CDR 9%. Would that be better than all the primals?

Primals roll with the highest possible base damage range. After the game does all the maths and equations to calculate what is your final damage output, that is going to be important. So if I was you I 'd definitely go with primal. If you are to chose between 10% damage or attack speed , I am leaning towards attack speed. For that build that is. You can also test it if you like in the d3planner to see what is the better of the two, or even better you can try a few GRs with one and then a few GRs with the other and see the results. Anyway you can always go back and forth and reroll that stat so it’s not a big deal.

Another important thing regarding attack speed is that an x% in your weapon is better that an x% in any other gear. It scales better and increases attacks per second for your weapon. That’s why attack speed oriented builds need to get it for their weapons.

Thanks again for suggestion.
Lucky me just gotten another primal Voo’s drop, this one has better stats (potentially best amongst all):-

Cold dmg
Int 1000
IAS 7%
Elite damage 8%
Barrage 60%

I already have 51% CDR without weapon so I guess I’m good on CDR? So question now is to either roll the elite damage 8% or Int 1000 to Damage 10%… which one should I roll away? :thinking:

Dude what’s happening? Are you a voo’s juicer magnet? Lol… Seriously though good job.

As for your question. What is your total paragon ? What is your total intelligence?
If you don’t have a tone of paragons don’t take intelligence out. After 3-4000 paragon or so it’s probably better to change intelligence to %damage although you can just leave it like that it seems like this is a GG item. Don’t know exactly what the gold formula is but the more paragon you have (main stat, intelligence) the less useful intelligence on your gear becomes. 51 CDR is also very nice. No need to overdo it with CDR. There are diminishing returns. That means that if you have 51% CDR without the weapon, after you add another 10% CDR, it will not go to 61. It will probably reach somewhere around mid 50s.

Haha yea not sure why I get such rng luck on voo’s, but everything else were mediocre…

I’m far far away from 4k para so I guess I’m keeping the Int for now then…is the elite 8% important to keep though?

And yes I noticed the CDR only adds half despite the 10% so I’m not going CDR…thanks though for the tips…

You can think of it as a nice bonus. It’s not going to be the deciding factor whether your build is great or not but it is good to have it and as you increase in paragons it can become really helpful for those high pushes. And it’s something that you cannot find easily on other gears or with paragons. Yeah the 1000 intelligence on one only item is going to give you big damage and toughness at the same time. Happy to help man. Have a nice season.

Thanks again, just curious though why non of the top guys in lb uses elite damage, they kinda kept the Int1000…thus far only the no1 NS EU WD had elite damage 8% on his voo’s :sweat_smile:

To be honest keeping the intelligence and change the elite damage to pure % damage isn’t bad either. These are very small details that may allow you to clear one rift higher. Yeah the differences are minuscule. And don’t forget it always has to do with how many paragons that player has. Don’t worry that much about these small details. As long as you hit some thresholds like adequate cooldown reduction, high crit chance and crit damage and stuff like that , you are good to go. This build thankfully does not require area damage so you can have the luxury of getting one unique stat like elite damage on your weapon but feel free to experiment. In your case I would keep the item as it is, since it rolled so good, in case they change something in the future and something else needs to be removed or added. So I don’t wreck the item and make it not perfect for a future patch…Either way your item is amazing :slight_smile:

As it stands right now , attack speed is probably the most important thing for spirit barrage, so that is good that you have it. Make sure you can get on some other gear too. Gloves, rings.

Then again, the WD set gives you x5 the amount of mana regen in extra damage. So 14% mama regen would be + 70% damage.

Thanks a lot, you have been very helpful. Will take all your advises to build this char :smiley:

So I should not add any para into AD as well right? Or it’ll cause lag?

Thanks, never knew 6p bonus gives extra damage from mana regen too…very helpful info

Yes, I actually did not roll crit chance on helm as I already have around 50% chance. So instead I actually kept SB % and mana regen for the added % bonus to damage.

I have added 0 into the paragon AD as hearing from Evens on YouTube that the AD stacking will make horrid lag.

This is on the voo’s build which he was discussion, would assume the same for the sacred harvester build as well. I run both and do not use AD on either. Although I also only pushed to 114 and am not an expert pusher on any class in D3 lol.

Indeed the area damage seems to cause lag issues in this game which are more transparent if you play in groups. You can take them out of your paragons since they don’t add anything damage-wise. Area damage will force the game to deal with high numbers and figures and multiple calculations which some times it cannot handle. Thankfully it’s in the DNA of this build to have some AOE effect with the barrage explosion so it can still be amazing for pushing. In our case, the spirit barrage will not proc area damage, so it will still be the same whether you have 1 million or zero, but other skills on your bar like locust swarm may still proc it, so i don’t see any reason to have any AD on our sheet.

So when I’m on solo, should I put 50% on paragon? Or I can remove it completely whether solo or group play?

I have 0% AD used in paragons and I’m 98% solo. As mentioned before, the SB naturally explodes doing AD to surrounding mobs which is very noticeable when hitting a group of mobs versus a single target.

I do not do testing and since I suck at math and numbers, there’s not point for me to test it. I take the word of WD enthusiasts like the Person I mentioned in my previous post on YouTube. He has been a WD main for years and believe he would know something.

There’s also those on here who have said the same for AD with SB, so I just don’t use it at all. Solo or in groups with buds. Not to mention just seeing how busy the screen gets with explosions from SB…imagine that with 3 other players skills going off…yak about being busy!

How ever, I have only been able to push to 117 GR with 1400 para and almost all augments at level 100 gems…versus others on the LB with as much para and augs who are clearing 125’s…so obviously I am not a hardcore pusher and knower of all things WD :upside_down_face:

I know what you mean. Last season i cleared 120 with around 1.2 K paragon with this setup. After that it feels like you hit a wall. But that is what pushing is meant to be. You go beyond your power. But in order to do that you have to play, let’s call it “unconvencionally”, where you have to find ideal floors with ideal mob types, adequate density, strategic use of pylons, grouping up enemies in order to be more effiecent. This is time consuming and requires a lot of patience. At least for me. So i can say i am semi on board with you. I try to clear the highest i can based on things i can controll and after a point that it requires so much rng and luck, that’s just too much for me… This season i went to 120 again with similar amount paragons and still had 2-3 minutes time to spare so probably i can go a couple of rifts beyond that. Although i know that if the game screws me up on a floor or the rift guardian is a Blighter or something like that i will probably fail even in GR120.

1 Like