How quickly things are forgotten - Solo Greater Rift Summary Per Class

You complained about high paragon players farming XP on other classes (meta) then going to solo LB and taking ranks.

You literally said “yeah good luck when a p7000 player comes and you have less than 5000” or something along those lines.

If you have a problem with the paragon system providing advantages in solo, then make a new thread, or just be quiet, make a meta character, and go farm xp so you can compete in solo DH.

Your statements about paragon farming and the meta aren’t relevant to the issues we’re discussing.

Meanwhile, your statement that “you want to see Barbs out of the meta” is moronic. This isn’t about taking turns in the meta or excluding classes from it. It’s about buffing all classes so everyone can participate as zdps or dps.

You literally do not understand what is being said to you.

1 Like

You’re the one trolling if you don’t understand rounding. Arguing over me using 150 instead of 148 is trolling. Grow up. I was illustrating a point. A point that still hasn’t been disproven.

If you admit DHs can do 148s, and Barbarians can’t even do 140s, then you still have no argument.

And considering how little you know about this game, if you can do a 148, then there must be a lot of DHs who can do 150+, which still proves my point too.

3 Likes

“I want to see Zmonk out of the meta. It’s about time”

“I want to see Necro out of the meta. It’s about time”

“I want to see Barb out of the meta. It’s about time”

Those arguments show me you don’t understand the problem or the real solutions. Your comprehension of the problem is limited to classes taking spots in the meta instead of grasping the concept that the best end goal is variety in viability all the way to 150. You do that with buffs, not nerfs.

ZDH could be in the meta for 10 years in a row and it would not change the problems people are discussing here.

2 Likes

Argument for what? What are we arguing about do you even know?

1 Like

This stance shows you’re thinking about the problem in the wrong way, completely. You’re focused on presence in the meta (a coincidental mechanical issue) instead of improving every class to be relevant in the meta as dps and zdps, which should be the goal for every class.

You’re focused on attacking classes that have been needed in the meta when this is not a competition. It’s Blizzard’s job to balance these things. Excluding Barb in the meta and replacing it with ZDH will just mean you can now farm paragon as a DH instead of something else.

And who cares? Eventually your gear will max out on DH and if you just want XP you’ll have to make other classes besides DH anyway. The problem remains and nothing changes because you’re focused on the wrong things.

DH would still have the problems it has now, it would STILL be behind Necro RGK, it would STILL not have damage for clearing trash, it would STILL have the same limited builds for solo.

Congrats, you can now play ZDH in meta and farm xp. And what changed? Nothing.

Having a zdps in the meta doesn’t mean your class is fixed. That’s where Barb is now.

lol this :poop: is funny , we got a Troll and someone that doesn’t know what they are talking about :laughing:

1 Like

Well Blizzard said they expect us to play all classes. That is their way of balancing the game. They can’t balance the classes so that is their easy way out. In no other ARPG or RPG game I felt forced as much as here to play other classes.

1 Like

We’ve gotten to this point before, but then a few days later you post a thread that says, in some form or other, “Sure, it’s bad for Barbs, but it’s not that bad…”

And we end up right back here.

So you tell me. Are we done with the implications and half-baked analysis? I’d rather engage in productive discussion than argue, but there are good reasons why this and your other threads draw a lot of ire over and over and over. And it’s worth pointing out the kind of folk that come to your defense are the sort who like to explicitly ask for nerfs so that other classes can fit into meta.

Can you see how that is going to generate nothing but conflict?

Our approach: More choices and variety for everyone.

Their approach: Kick X class out of the meta so I can play!

One of these two is based on diversity and communal support, and the other is founded on continual inequity and conflict. It should be a big red flag when the latter are the ones who support your threads.

5 Likes

Do YOU know what the argument is?

Barbarians want more damage.

You’ve posted things like “that has nothing to do with DH” and no one ever said it did.

You’ve posted things like “but Barbs are in meta” which has nothing to do with a lack of Barbarian DPS capability.

You’ve posted how you want to play in the meta, and no one has said you can’t. Go make a meta character. Don’t like the meta options? Go make a thread asking for buffs to get you in the meta. You won’t see anyone from the Barbarian forum community argue against you like you’ve done here.

We’ll probably upvote your thread in fact, because get this, all we want at the end of the day is variety.

2 Likes

Than there is nothing to argue about. I agree and I wrote myself that Barb needs more damage options. So what is exactly your problem?

1 Like

His problem is you keep making statements like this:

You’re attacking other classes instead of building everyone up so that more classes can participate in solo / meta as DPS and ZDPS.

That’s his problem. Removing anyone from the meta won’t help anyone else. Because each class has issues that are separate from the meta.

1 Like

Yes I would love to see Barb out of meta. Lets make it 5%-10% less efficient than Crusader. You would be still relevant. But there has to be other best option for a change.

1 Like

Removing Barb from the meta won’t change anything. If ZDH replaced Barb in the meta right now – and for the next 20 years – nothing will change.

Excluding Barb in the meta and replacing it with ZDH will just mean you can now farm paragon as a DH instead of something else.

And who cares? Eventually your gear will max out on DH and if you just want XP you’ll have to make other classes besides DH anyway. The problem remains and nothing changes because you’re focused on the wrong things.

DH would still have the problems it has now, it would STILL be behind Necro RGK, it would STILL not have damage for clearing trash, it would STILL have the same limited builds for solo.

Congrats, you can now play ZDH in meta and farm xp. And what changed? Nothing.

Having a zdps in the meta doesn’t mean your class is fixed. That’s where Barb is now.

No one is attacking DH, so that is why our problem is that you’re attacking Barbs for no reason. I love the fact that DH can RGK, and would also love it if they can ZDH and clear trash just like a LON Wizard.

Free already explained it to you. Constructive vs Destructive.

BTW why all of a sudden you are so much interested in meta composition. I think you wrote yesterday that it is not important for this topic?

1 Like

Because you brought up ZDPS and Groups into a topic about Solo Damage. That was you. You did so here;

The title of this topic; [How quickly things are forgotten - Solo Greater Rift Summary Per Class]

When I told you that DH has good damage now and showed you their GR clears, you brought up 2 player 150 with ZBarb + Dps Necro. You’re the one bringing up irrelevant points into this. Now go address what I told you about the meta and ZDPS. You brought up the meta and wanting to see Barbs removed from it-- I just told you why that won’t change anything.

Disclaimer: For clarity, the following comments have absolutely nothing to do with the current solo leaderboard and who should be buffed.

In another topic, I looked at the class distribution in the current four man meta.

For me, this is a separate issue that also warrants attention. I might suggest that the meta discussion goes there or make a new thread.

1 Like

And there are 7 classes in game while there are only 4 spots in party. So It would be good for the health of the group focused game if META combination changed from time to time.

There where points in time when I asked myself why does WD even exist in this game. What Blizzard whats us to do with it.

1 Like

In that case may I know the reason why did you wrote this?

1 Like

I would like to chime in on MicroRNA’s analysis. I believe he has good intentions, but his analysis has a significant error that I also thought of in the past:

There cannot be an average GR clearing capability. Gor example, the top 10 barb clears, let’s say are from 125 to 130. Averaging these results is mathematically wrong. Every GR has different monster HP level. Thus, the DPS needed to clear each rift is different. Therefore, one cannot average different GRs as a representative of the state of a class. That was the whole point for me to obtain whole LB data in the past.

Having said that, one can plot each and every clear at a given GR and then one can average those results per a given GR level. This results in a very accurate data correlating DPS and efficiently clearing GRs.

One cannot average different GR clears. But one can average the clears at any given GR level.

4 Likes

Seasons or non seasons, patches comes out for all content, so it wont matter.