How many users bought D2R?

This game have enought users?
How many bought or buy this game?
I hope lot of people come here to start.

1 Like

If I were to guess, somewhere between 5K to 20K have preordered the game. It’s hard to say, only Blizzard knows the numbers.

The number who participate in the D2:R forums is very likely only a small fraction of those who preordered.

3 Likes

Me! I’m all in for it

1 Like

It came bundled in another purchase. I was not specifically trying to get it.

I thought 1-2 million.

1 Like

Eh, I don’t know about that many… The War3:Reforged flop has a lot of people scared still I think. Plus there are a lot who would rather wait until the game comes out to see if there are going to be any substantial changes to the game. There are a lot of purists…

I could be totally wrong. Again, only Blizzard knows the real numbers, and as far as I know they haven’t shared them.

4 Likes

It would be great if they shared them, continue to pump the hype and drive as many players as possible to the debut!

I suspect it is far more than that.

ATVI on their earnings report stated that D2R alpha was the most watched game in the history of Blizzard on twitch in terms of concurrent viewers (or something similar); however, a mention of preorder numbers was lacking which suggest that it may not be worth “bragging about” yet.

1 Like

Maybe… Then there’s this whole lawsuit thing going on making people want to boycott and refund. (which I think is a bit premature at this point) I surely hope this doesn’t delay D2:R. Otherwise I just might go into a fit of rage from lack of D2:R demon slaughtering. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

In a multiplayer game with a base from like 600 players you will alaways find a full party.And D2r will have alot more then that.We dont need 1-2 milions

Since D2R is announced, I can not imagine D2R not releasing on September 23.

If development has slowed (which frankly it must because what is going on at Blizzard is a big deal and relevant to the rank and file), I suspect that means some changes that they hoped to get done before release would either be delayed to a post-release patch or scrapped altogether.

Also, this has profound implication for Blizzard moving forward. My recollection was that Blizzard wanted to hire aggressively. I suspect if one had competing job offers that the lawsuit might sway some of the top talent to go to the competitor.

1 Like

Yeah when the “purists” end up being 95% of the D2R user base.

That word isn’t even accurate.

Everyone posting here has accepted the changes put forth by VV and Blizzard (generally). That would make them pragmatists or realists, not purists.

2 Likes

Clearly, the reddit poll suggests that additional changes are still sought by the majority of its respondents that do not sit well with many (balance changes is an example).

1 Like

That poll has no weight despite what you believe. I’m sorry.

3 Likes

The latest version update on the tracker was July 23rd I believe. That, plus forum maintenance tomorrow. No news yet, doubting we’ll hear anything today now, but still possible.

2 Likes

Vv has directly stated players wanted more during an interview. While they referenced the reddit survey, I’m assuming they were going by their own data from their polls.

3 Likes

Blizzard did two of their own. There have been multiple polls done on various topics in D2R. In general, the results are qualitatively similar for similar questions.

You are correct sir (in my best Ed McMahon voice to Johnny Carson).

2 Likes

Keep bringing up the garbage reddit poll and enjoy your ploot.

I’m getting excited for the beta, this merry-go-round is over.

3 Likes

The Reddit survey… he’s on the damned Reddit survey again!

This reddit survey must surely be some sort of holy relic, that is the proportions it seems to have taken on in his mind.

2 Likes

Funny.

The annual report says nothing whatsoever about D2R.

https://investor.activision.com/static-files/09bb50e3-b2e8-4407-9ee3-2aec3c7bc29d

There very likely is a more detailed shareholder or internal report, but I don’t feel like accessing it.