How is this still a thing?

Hello everyone. Fellow Wizard coming back into the game after like 7 seasons just to see how the game has evolved. I played a fare share of Barb in season 21 and now i am back to my favourite class only to see 2 things did not change.

One is the approach that the dev team has towards wizard. Forgotten is a word to describe it but this is for another thread and has been mentioned already quite a bit from what i have seen. What triggered me is the second thing.

You are in Archon form while you channel to identify all items on the tome. If archon runs out the channel stops. How is this still happening in 2020? It used to be a thing with teleport as well back in the day, but it seems they fixed that part since i last played.
I can pretty much see that the class has been forgotten but COME ON, like, no other class with transformation stops you from identifying items when the duration ends.

Can we, for the love of god, fix that? I know nothing of programming and how these things work, but i can’t emagine how this is THAT hard to fix.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s still a thing. It also happens sometimes when you’re porting back to town or to another waypoint.

It still happens with teleport too. It’s just less likely to happen with teleport.

With the ID book, it’ll cancel your ID if Archon ends at any time during the ID process. This is pretty common actually. If you’re in town and want to ID and think your Archon will end during the ID, you can always right click on your active Archon stacks to cancel your Archon.

With teleporting, it’s less common and it’ll only cancel your teleport if Archon ends exactly at the moment you would leave the zone. If Archon ends during the initial TP animation, it’ll still go through. It’s only if Archon ends exactly at the moment of TP that the TP gets cancelled. When it happens, you’ll also see ‘TinneOnnMuin has ported to town’ pop up, except you never actually port to town.

1 Like

I am sure i can cancel it myself i just find it hard to realise that the same mechanic like (for example) Wrath of the Berserker is not working like Archon. And after all those years of the issue being mentioned in the past as a QoL inside the game, Blizzard did not try to fix it.

Don’t get me wrong, it is not a game changer, but on that note if stuff like that are not getting a fix, how can we expect big things on balancing, reworking sets etc ?

P.S if other transformations where working the same, it would still be bad, but at least there would be some consinstency on the way skills work.

1 Like

it just shows you how busy they are with diablo4 and not have the time to care about d3 anymore :’(