How good is LoD strafe?

Been playing LoD necro mages and i keep seeing DH’s everywhere and they look really good, but how good?

Probably trash since it cannot utilize the GoD4 mechanic to auto fire Hungering Arrow with the 9th Ciri buff.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if you can clear a GR80-90 with LoD Strafe (just Strafe) unless 5k+ paragon.

Did you mean GoD strafe (which is really all about Hungering Arrow) rather than LoD?

You know people need to read a little better. OP was referring to LoD necro mages.

He is seeing a lt of DH and was wondering how good DH are…The DH has nothing to do with LoD

The title asks “How good is LOD Strafe”

3 Likes

I gather you are asking about the fun aspects as well as the usefulness.
Fun factor = HIGH. Usefulness - With tweaking at the 2,000 paragons level yo ucan do 100.
I have one character slot where the DH is all LoD/LoN, Strafe/FoK, Strafe/Cluster Arrow and Rapidfire. The Rpidfire is easily the more powerful but the Strafe can do GR100 so it’s useful and fun, just not a rift pusher. You mix it up with grenades and a secondary and it’s fun to play. Not a speed or rift pusher like the GoD set though. Screenshot enclosed. Play with your own options.

1 Like

nice
why hellfire ammy?

1 Like

That build is a FoK build with Strafe, your damage comes from Lord Greenstone’s Fan. Try doing a GR90 with only Strafe as your damage dealer.

Why would you? My build is also hardly touched. I put the better imbuing into Rapidfire on that character for pushing as I indicated. It’s a fun build the strafe. I never saw it as anything else. A combo build. Additionally, the grenades do damage, the FoK is a finisher. If I replace crashing rain with Hunter’s Wrath even more so. Strafe by itself? Why? What was called a strafe build before was always Greenstones. I prefer variants. It’s a fun build. All I did was demonstrate how it can reach 100. Why cripple it by relying on one skill, especially one that works better in a combination. If that was not true, the GoD build would have included strafe boosts not primary skills.? That makes no sense to run strafe by itself…

1 Like

Thrill of the hunt - guarantees the proc’ing of Bane of the Trapped with cull of the weak works with the combination of Rain of Vengeance with crashing rain and the grenades they drop. I have not tried it yet, but hunters wrath will be a better choice to crashing rain, which will boost greande damage. I’d change Rain of Vengeance to Flying Strike rune then for more BotT proc’ing… Also Flavor of Time will be a better choice if I wished to imbue this properly and go as high in GR’s as the set will allow.

I made it as a fun build. Now they have made the GoD build strafe will likely never be boosted because it will OP the GoD set. So it will remain a support skill that can do some damage, but needs to work in a combo to flourish.

EDIT: This is the Strafe/manticore variant using LoN instead. It is gruntier again (has hunter’s wrath).
You could boost further by focusing only on cluster arrow boosts. As I said it does 100 and that’s a nice level for a fun build for me.
It would be gruntier again with LoD, but maybe for another time.
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Bassdude-1227/hero/77033014

Reading OP’s post and one reply, I’m not entirely convinced that he/she is understanding that the “DH’s everywhere, looking really good” are not using LoD at all.

GoD Set: Amazing at everything, one of the best overall builds in the game

• Uses strafe as utility only.
  • All damage comes from hungering arrow
  • Lots of people playing it

LoD Strafe: pretty much trash

• Uses strafe to deal damage
  • Not many people playing it
1 Like