How does %weapon damage calculate?

I was curious about some of the effects for some skills and weapons. The 10,000% damage from Rimeheart, is this 10k times just the base weapon damage or do skill and buff multipliers also add to that? I guess I’m just wondering if it’s a separate calculation from all the other damage. I understand that if a skill like rend has 1100% weapon damage that is included in your overall damage calculation. It’s the secondary effects that aren’t attached to a skill that I’m wondering about.

It’s 100 times weapon damage, which is also affected by anything that affects all damage for example your main stat, passives that straight up add X% to all damage, legendary/set properties that increase the damage you deal, etc.

What doesn’t work is anything related to especific skills, for example if you proc Rimeheart due attacking by rend, the damage dealt by the proc is entirely unrelated to rend or anything that affects rend especifically like the wastes set.

The way some of these legendary properties are written can be very confusing. If I proc Rimeheart with tempest rush monk, does that mean all the damage multipliers will also be applied? Since all damage dealt is 15000% for the POJ set bonus it seems to be the case. I was considering using that over Vengeful Wind

Yes, Rimeheart does benefit from PoJ(6). Question is which weapon you want to replace? Is it worth to do so?
The best way is using https://www.d3planner.com/ to play around your build.

Was considering swapping for Vengeful Wind for a little extra damage boost in higher rifts. I tried subbing on D3 planner with same stats but didn’t see a damage increase anywhere

If you look at the Skills/Effects tab, you should find that Tempest Rush has no change (because sword and fist have same base damage). However, Sweeping Wind loses too much damage that cannot be compensated by Rimeheart. So, the overall damage actually drops.

If you replace Woh Khim Lau or Balance, the loss will shift to TR and damage loss will be even higher.

In addition, how to freeze enemy is a problem.

Conslusion, no place for Rimeheart.

The best alternate weapons for PoJ pushing is Azurewrath, Utar’s Roar, Sunkeeper or Echoing Fury. Azurewrath and Utar’s Roar both roll up to 20% Cold damage so they buff TR Flurry. Sunkeeper rolls up to 30% Elite damage so you can play the build as an elite hunter and focus on progress globes. Echoing Fury is a strange one since it will buff your attack speed and therefore your damage, but increase your Spirit usage. Rimeheart has a slim chance to be useful but the mechanics on that weapon are horrendous and the other options greatly outshine it.

TR is doing approximately 10x the damage that SW is doing so focusing on SW is not ideal. WKL freezes everything around you if you use the cold rune on CS so freezing targets is as easy as TR near them.

What I meant was Rimeheart does less damage than SW.

Your argument apply to RH too. The damage of RH is minor compared to TR.

I forgot the CS cold rune though. Then, you need to consider the proc rate of Rimeheat. Even it said 20% chance, I wonder the proc coefficient and internal cool down. I have no information about it.

Completely agree. RH SUCKS, there is a thread in the old forum about how bad the mechanics are. It is bad.

I found another thread about it after I posted this. I did find a primal sunkeeper but with bad rolls. Thanks for all the input folks. It’s appreciated