How does the game function with keyboard and mouse?

I am considering buying a keyboard and mouse for my xbox one, just to get experience in using such. Is this even possible with diablo 3 on console? Will i be able to see tool tips that pc shows when a mouse cursor is over it? Will loot on the ground show all if its stats while on the ground if i put the cursor over the item while holding control? Will it allow me to group up with pc players or will it remain xbox players only? Is this concept even worth considering in general?

1 Like

UI of Console version has been rewritten for controller and don’t support keyboard and mouse. (Likewise, PC version doesn’t support controller.)

Console servers are hosted by the console manufacturers and no support for cross-platform (including PC).

1 Like

Probably not much you can do for D3 in this regard. Would require Blizzard to patch in the support + UI.

But for D4 the console versions really should support mouse+keyboard.

Considering the new consoles will be out by then, I recommend saving for PC and just going that route.

why should console support KBM?

So you could play Diablo on a console with mouse and keyboard of course (which after all is the superior control scheme).
Just like D4 is apparently letting you use a controller on PC.

While PS4 and Xbox 1 do support KBM, there are a handful of games that either can use KB, or just M or both. Most arguments i see for KBM support is from PC community, which they claim their PC’s are better so why should they scream for KBM on systems they find obsolete compared to what they play on?

what you are trying to do is something like that although no similar but the message or intention is almost identical.

If you bought a Manual car can you modify to auto transmission, yes you could obviously but I would consider why not get the auto transmission from the start.

If you want KBM or play with PC players than just get PC D3 (that is the sound answer)

but hey if you think it is better to modify to auto transmission just go ahead :slight_smile:

Because more options for everyone are good.

2 Likes

There are multiple Keyboard/Mouse games for PS4. Even crossplay is possible for some games.

Diablo 3 is not supported. If D4 will, we’ll see in future.

I have the pc, xbox and switch version of D3 and now prefer the console design. You can move without having to double or click again and waste a spell or move etc. I find I can do challenge rifts faster with less deaths. The right stick allows you to flip out of the way from attacks as well or open doors or smash stuff if your mouse buttons require mana etc to smash stuff. Plus you can pause out of the game usually and change your skills or items without porting to town etc. I find spells and taking health potions is faster on a game pad as well (too many keys too far away.) I wished there was an option to play D3 on the pc with both.
I hope D4 gives one the option to play either.
Once you try the console version you’ll probably prefer them over a mouse and keyboard.

1 Like