How does deathwish work again?

I don’t remember the exact mechanics anymore. It has a substantial lag before the boost correct? How many frames is the boost good for?

It’s changed a few times over the years, but currently the damage multiplier kicks in after 1 second of channeling, and stops instantly when you stop channeling.

So if you hold down you channel and teleport, no deathwish for 1 second. If you get cc:ed, no deathwish until 1 second after you can resume channeling. If you want deathwish throughout your fire cycle, you need to start channeling 3/4 into cold cycle and keep channeling until end of fire cycle.

Jup, this is the Bazooka “fix” that obliterated Tal Rasha Channeling Meteor Shower among other collateral damage.

1 Like

Yep as a long standing fan of Tal set ever since D3 got out then watching Tal getting nerfed below F tier is just crazy. The set does not even get mention anymore in Rhyggors tier list.

So sad.

1 Like

What’a a deathwish? I remember this used to be a good item, but who uses it now? :stuck_out_tongue:

Never heard of Rhyggor. Is it anything like Maxroll tier list? Or did you mean Rhykker’s?

Not sure if you’re joking or not, but it’s still used in the explosive blast version of firebirds, which is one of the strongest builds this season.

1 Like

Channeling, very interesting story arc. Access should remain invite only. Story arcs are the issue, Staff of Herding tactics designed to boost a location for a reward.

The story arc includes different selections and characters that mislead or alter main story plotlines.

Channeling is not interrupted by some spells. this is why the current explosive blast builds can use Deathwish. I “think” Frosy Nova and the wiz shell might also be ok. Most everything else does interrupt it.

So right before fire cycle teleport to where you want to be (for safe passage buff), frost nova to get damage bonus and hold them in place, and channel through your entire fire phase. The damage is the FB procs from Explosive blast hitting them, and that does not interrupt DW

Yea him. Every tier list he has made the past 5 seasons dont even metion Tal meteor build anymore. Guess that build has just become a bounty spec now.