How do you play thorns necro?

I want to start playing thorns necro. Could anyone tell me how to use the build? I’m a little confused how it works.

There is no need to play it unless you’re a masochist. The build was nerfed when they limited Bone Ringer to only build up stacks for 1 minute in the latest patch. The build was strong but very dependent on rift fishing for the right map and monster type, it needed the right Rift Guardian at the end, and the change to the way Bone ringer works severely limits how well the build will work.

1 Like

Well, it can’t be totally gutted as #12 on the solo Necro leaderboard is a thorns player. But you’re right that I guess it’s really reliant on fishing.

Btw since I don’t want to make another thread just to ask a simple question how does death Nova Necro deal with RG? in my experience it ends up being around half the total rift time or more just whittling it down to 18% for frailty to kill. Are there certain rift guardians I should hope for? I found voracity and the rat one to be ok matchups. But idk.

(You don’t have to answer the question if you don’t know, just thought I’d ask)

I never pushed high with a Death Nova necro, but the version I did have used Corpse Lance as a single target skill and Nova as an AoE trash kill.

Looking to Season 20: Forbidden Archives. Is there any potential to build something out of Aberrant Animator with Jesseth Set + Bone Ringer + Jairo Spear + Trag Fang?

I think it’s unlikely rathma thorns will outstrip lod, jesseth just isn’t enough of a damage bonus

Bone Ringer stacks do not work at all . They do not build up at all . Blizzard needs to fix it so they at least start to stack been testing it out for a week now . It’s like I wasted my money upgrading to nerco when it is broken .