How do I reduce cooldown on Army of the Dead?

Doing a Bones of Rathma Set dungeon, one of the goals is to get 500s cumulative cooldown reduction. I can’t seem to get any reduction at all.

I have a Sanctified scythe which channels Army of the Dead permanently. Maybe that was jamming the system? But I tried it with another weapon and still got zero reduction. What am I doing wrong?

A complete guide about Necro’ set dungeons:

Bones of Rathma
(2) Set:
Your permanent minions reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 0.50 seconds each time they deal damage. Your skeletal warriors spawn faster, and your revived minions no longer expire.

Just cast Command Skeletons

I saw that. Do you mean I need to actively command them to make it work? I’ll try it.

No, you just have to allow your pets to hit the enemy. Just spam Revive and Army of the Dead as soon as it comes off cooldown.

If you use the frenzy rune for Skeletons, they reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead MUCH faster when they are commanded than if you just let them attack random enemies on their own.

Sure, but getting all the necessary cooldown to master the dungeon is so easy that it isn’t necessary to command the skeletons. You can do it if you remember to do so, but it’s more important to remember to keep using Army of the Dead as soon as it’s off cooldown, and keep spamming Revive to raise the minions.

Edit:

Thanks for the help. I finally got through the dungeon, but not like it showed in the video.

First, I had to actually cast Army of the Dead myself, nothing happened if I relied on the weapon channelling it. Even then, I seemed to get nothing for tens of seconds at a time, then a sudden rush of a hundred or more in a couple of seconds. Server lag? Dunno, just glad I got through it. Now I just need to do a Nephalem Rift in 6 minutes, and make 3 level-35 gems. At least I know how to do those things!

Just to clarify, the set dungeon goal is to accumulate cooldown reduction of Army of the Dead, not whether that skill actually kills anything. Now, you cannot reduce the cooldown of the skill unless it is actually in cooldown. That is why you need to continually activate that skill, regardless of whether you hit anything with it. If you forget to activate the skill, it is no longer in cooldown and you can no longer reduce it. Basically, you need to activate the skill as soon as it’s off cooldown.

The sanctified power has nothing to do with the actual skill, and will not activate it. In fact, I’m wondering if that power might even hinder the objective by preventing your other minions from hitting the mobs.

1 Like