How do I record my build to post here?

I’d like some help with my GoD build, but I’m not wearing it atm, so I can’t just post a link to my character, as it’ll be wearing shadow impale gear. Is there some way for me to post what my build is at the moment that I post, rather than what it is later after I change it? My gear is mostly poorly rolled, but my mats are very depleted and I’m going to have to spend some time building it back up. I can do this faster with my shadow impale build.

I’m trying hard to embrace GoD. Professional youtubers that I respect are gushing over it as though it’s the covid vaccine. I’ve matched the gear and skills builds that they recommend, and I can clear GR80s, but from what I’ve read, I should be doing higher.

The problem is that I’m really not enjoying it. You get out there and attempt to pull masses of mobs together and then you just fly circles over them, spraying out damage as they slowly die. It’s like mowing the lawn.

I watched Raxxanterax’s video on the GoD build. I like his videos and it was very informative - just what I need. But watching him clearing a GR135 - it just seemed tedious. Wax on, wax off, until the herd thins. He seemed to be pretty excited about it, but I have to think that it’s not my style.

I’d like to give the build more of a chance than what I have, but I suspect that the shadow impale’s method of jumping in, killing an elite (or group) and then jumping out is more my style and gives me more of the entertainment I’m looking for in a computer game.

1. make sure the profile page is showing the correct build.
  2. go to d3planner.com, create an account if you don’t have one.
  3. click “Import/Save” tab and import your build by entering the correct region and bnet tag id.
  4. edit the build, e.g. RoRG in the cube, paragon points
  5. save the build
  6. post the URL of the saved build (use </> editing tool to make the link preformatted text.) The link will look like this: https://www.d3planner.com/841760470

Excellent. Just what I needed!

Edit:

https://www.d3planner.com/557737980

Ok, so I know that I should have Stricken rather than Powerful, but I’m still leveling up Simplicity, and I figure that a lvl 80 Powerful is better than a lvl 0 Stricken.

A lot of the gear isn’t rerolled yet, because I’ve got no mats and have to farm them. But since I can’t reroll everything, I’d like to know what would give me the biggest bang for the buck.

1 Like

Chest: sentry to vit
gloves: vit to crit damage
Focus ring: attack speed to crit chance
Valla’s: is that socket rolled (or natty)? Looks like you’re down an affix. If you have a gift, roll socket to CDR and gift. Or I suppose if the socket is natty and you haven’t rolled the Valla’s yet, you could save the gift and roll the Strafe damage to CDR. The Strafe damage doesn’t do anything, it’s a dead affix.
Boots: regen to armor (or just leave as regen if you want)

Everything else should be okay for now.

Yeah, you should. You shouldn’t have any problem doing GR100+ at your gear and paragon level.

I mean, enjoyment of a build is critically important. If you don’t enjoy the build, why bother? GoD DH is definitely the strongest DH build right now, but Shadow isn’t in that bad of a spot. If you just straight up like Shadow better, there’s nothing wrong with playing what you like, as long as you know you’re losing a bit of efficiency and won’t rank quite as high on the leaderboard. With the buff to Holy Point Shot, Shadow actually isn’t in that bad of a spot right now. It’d be good if it was a bit stronger, but it’s definitely a viable build.

No one says you have to play the top tier build. I’ve mained second or third tier builds in the past just because I like them better. If you like the build enough, and it’s not completely horrible, there’s nothing really wrong with that as long as you’re aware it’s not quite as strong. In the long term, enjoyment of the build is more important than build strength. Obviously you don’t want to be stuck in GR50 or something, but that’s obviously not the case with Shadow. It’s definitely a second or third tier DH build, and it’s a decent alternative for solo GR speedfarming. It’s definitely not a bottom of the barrel build or anything, especially with the Holy Point Shot buff.

I guess the only thing I’d say is make sure you give GoD DH a solid go of it before you give up on it. Improve your gear a little bit, get your gems up, give it a solid attempt, and if you still don’t like it, maybe just go back to Shadow?

1 Like

I really think that I gifted that socket, but I’m not 100% sure atm. I’m away from home and can’t check, but definitely will.

I care nothing about the leaderboard. But yeah, a part of me wants to know why I’m trying to do something that isn’t that fun, but I guess it’s because I end up playing a shadow impale dh every season and I feel that I’m not challenging myself. I mean, in the beginning I was 100% Raeker’s furious charge barb (back when that was fashionable) and then watched a Rhykker video on the Shadow Impale DH. I tried it and wondered why I was wasting my time on barbs. So I’m always on the lookout for something that’ll be new and fun.

Hey, thanks for all the advice. Lots to think about, and I’ll definitely give GoD a chance.

S6 is a great part of a group. 4P 125’s are very doable with an S6 in the group. It may be a different play style than you are used to, so there’s the challenge :slight_smile:

Tom is the voice of reason in all the threads.