How do I post on General?

Hello, a new player who just started this season.
I wanted to share some remarks on the severe server lag issues w/ Firebird’s as well as the horrendous mirror image AI.
However, I am not given the privilege to post on General. What’s up with that?
I own the game, so I am not sure why I’m being barred. And I feel like I’ve played long enough given my paragon is 1400ish.
Weird.

You should be able to post in General. What happens when you try?

The “+ New Topic” button is greyed out. I can’t even attempt. Not sure why this is happening to a brand new D3 player…?

I think I misunderstood. I thought you were new to the season, not that you were on a new account.

I believe there is a waiting period, but I am not sure how long it is. How many days have you had the account?

I notice you don’t have any non-Season Characters and you have no Progression or Artisans showing on your Career Tab.

Two things you might try:

1. Create a non-Season Character and play through Campaign Mode just long enough to get into New Tristram. (It should only take a few minutes).

If that doesn’t work and you still cannot start a New Topic in the General Discussion Forum:

1. Create the thread here, in the New Player Help Forum. Then, see if you can move it to the General Discussion Forum.

Moving Threads

1. Click the pencil icon next to the title of your thread. (See image below).

1. Click the "Category" field to bring up a list of D3 Forums. (See image below).

1. Find the proper Forum and select it.
  2. Save your edit.

This will move your thread to the selected Forum, including all replies.