How do I get to act 2 in Diablo 3

I have been playing Diablo 3 for a week now and even bought the Battle Chest and the Reapers of Souls but every time i open the game i have to go to kill the skeleton king and then act 2 should start sould anyway. If not how to get the game to go to Act2

It sounds like you’re still playing the demo which ends with killing the Skeleton King. Make sure you’re logging into Battle-Net using the same username and password you used to purchase Diablo 3 and the Reaper of Souls expansion.

6 Likes

A few comments to emphasize the reply by @Pugs above.

One can play Diablo III without buying it… in what is called “Starter Edition”. Some of the restrictions in Starter Edition are as follows:

• Cannot progress past the Skeleton King.
  • Can only create up to 4 characters.
  • Cannot progress past Level 13.

So it looks like you’ve been playing Starter Edition for the last week or so… see your current web profile:

When did you buy the Battle Chest ? If the purchase is recent, the purchase may not have had time to complete. You can check your Battle.Net account for the status of your purchase… here: https://account.battle.net/transactions (you will probably need to login).

The purchase normally completes rapidly but, depending on your financial institution, it can take a few days. If it’s been more than 3 days… something could be wrong. As @Pugs has already said… ensure you are playing on the right account.

Let us know if you need more help.

5 Likes

As others have said, you are probably still playing the demo.

When you actually start playing the game, the skeleton king is not the end of A1. He is one of 2 mini-bosses you will fight before you get to the boss at the actual end of the act, then you can go to act 2.

7 Likes

Practice, practice, practice.

But seriously, if you go into your Battle.net Account settings, under “Games & Subscriptions”, and you see two Game Accounts listed (ex. “Wow1” and “Wow2”) then you need to flip the default. One of them is your Trial sub, the other your full account.

Best of luck.

@dragon3436:

Glad to see you figured it out !

1 Like