How are Necromancers, 3 years later

I haven’t played the game in a good while. I’m grinding up a seasonal Necromancer.

Is Pestilence still bad? What set should I go for to grind as much as possible while the season lasts?

1 Like

pestilence is still fragile but not as bad as it was. Did a 105 in 5:17 minutes with around 18k mainstat and solid but not godly gear.

What works way better now is mages and especially the grim scythe build that is probably rank 1 necro. Also, corpse explosion got hard buffed so theres that build aswell.

It would appear that for solo, the top three Necro builds are all using Legacy of Dreams, rather than set armour builds… https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-builds

1 Like

Not in a good place at all - to be frank. Wonky set mechanics and very squishy defensively.

1 Like

What the heck did they do to Inarius? lol

LoD Corpse Lancer RGK is my favor build so far but still waiting for mythical D2 build: “Summoner” I’d like to play with Revived ones, Golem and with Skeleton Army together and wanna explode the corpses at the same time.

2 Likes

I noticed this too, and that tells me the Necro sets are broken. Not one of them could crack the top tier. How is that possible?

In the next patch, Masquerade is getting a boost with the new bracers, so that set is likely to be amongst the top tier.

Yeah go for Masquerade. Just tested it on PTR.

With my build i can facetank Moltenexplosions + Arcanebeams on GR120, do as much dmg as with my PoisonScythe Necro or more and have less problems with single-target / bosses.

So yeah…if you start the new season, go for the masquerade-set. Noob-friendly + deadly

1 Like
  • back then; Thorns Necro have really kind of different play style ands its kind of cool to find and farm items that have thorns damage on their secondary
    here is my NS Thorns Necro char that I have [90,891 Thorns Damage] on it.

https://diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/profile/YuhunSuhan-21370/hero/109555937

Is the Masquerade bone spear build w/ the new bracers only good for Seasons w/ the 4th cube slot? (any good on NS?)

This is depending on what you rate as “good”.

Without the 4th cubeslot you loose around 8-10 GRs. So i assume this would put it around 5 GRs behind a GoD DH.

So with 2k Paragon, mediocre skill and some fishing i’d say you can expect sth like 125+
So if you compare it to a DH this, it is rather mediocre. If you compare it to a wizzard however, it is still pretty good :slight_smile:

Thanks, in that case I probably will focus my pre-season farming on other items (i.e. for crusader) for NS :smile:

Not only for season. It is really good even without the 4 slot. Obviously, the season buff benefits necromancer a lot, cause most of the scythes are straight up damage multipliers. But even without the season, or when the season ends i expect it to be one of the high tier builds in the game. You just need to stack area damage and group up enemies, that’s a vital part of the playstyle. In addition it is really tanky thanks to the damage mitigation of the set. Even if it’s not the top without the season it’s definetely way above average.

1 Like

And with the potential nerf to the Sader build, looks like it’s a toss-up. Maybe I’ll just farm bounty caches in seasons like a lot of people are doing, since PTR has been extended.

1 Like

The LOD Scythe Necro is not only extremely tanky but also ridiculously strong. And it’s easy to play as well.

1 Like

Inarius necromancers are among my facorite builds. I’m pretty casual, and I’ve been able to clear GR70+ in both normal and hardcore modes.

Not as tanky as masquerade BS set (and this even w/o the shoulders 50% DR, as I’m running the boots in cube for 100% speed after bloodrush). This will be even more obvious in S22 when Masquerade will also have the damage to surpass LoD Scythe in the damage department as well (it will still be a good build for trash clear but not on the level of bone spear, especially in groups).

Here is mine : https://eu.diablo3.com/en-us/profile/DoomKiller-1857/hero/97016917

1 Like

nice one, I never tried with Trag’Oul Thorns build, how high you make solo with it? I also use Lideless Wall for more elemental damage.