Horde of the Ninety Savages Buff Suggestion

2-piece bonus:

Double the effectiveness of Wrath of the Berserker and all Shouts.
You deal double damage to Feared, Frozen, or Stunned Enemies.

4-piece bonus:

Each stack of Frenzy Frenzy reduces damage taken by 6%.
Frenzy and Ignore Pain lasts twice as long. Iron Hide rune increases duration to 14 seconds instead of 7 seconds.

6-piece bonus:
Frenzy Frenzy deals 1000% increased damage per stack.
Wrath of the Berserker cooldown reduced by 3 seconds for every 6 Fury Generated.

Note: Double the effectiveness of Wrath of the Berserker only doubles Crit Chance, Attack Speed, Dodge Chance and Movement Speed.

I think these changes would make the set absolutely amazing and fun! It would be possible to have 100% Wrath of the Berserker uptime aswell as Ignore Pain and make it a very tanky build but you won’t clear as fast as a WW Rend Build but you are much tankier instead!

1 Like

That 2 pce bonus is going to make the Dev think for a minute. You can use 2 pce H90 with IK set. IK set has perma wrath so… dunno. That may frighten our D3 Dev.

On the other hand it may help IK builds :thinking:

Personally, from your proposal, I like the cdr or wrath for fury generated. That with Morticks in the build would help and probably wouldn’t scare the D3 Dev.

You are right, it would help IK builds, as IK’s 6 piece bonus is only 4000% damage I don’t think the 2 piece bonus from H90 together with IK set would be op at all.

At the very least I hope we get some form of bonus that lets us have 100% Wrath of the Berserker uptime with H90 set ^^

Do devs even read these forums? :confused:

Double WotB is too strong for a 2 pc set bonus. Doing so would result in:

CHC +20%
IAS + 50%
Dodge +40%
FRW +40%

That’s insane for a 2pc set. I think we’re better off keeping it simple. Just change the 4pc to 7% or 8% per stack and add to the 6pc that hitting an enemy with Frenzy reduces the cooldown on WotB by 0.5 seconds. Done, lots of more toughness and perma-WotB.

1 Like

Both ideas aren’t any good. The only thing that needs to be added to the set is possibly more damage from something else and CC immunity. 0.5 seconds on wotb? Do you understand how overpowered that is? You hit once per frame. Meaning without CDR of any sort, it would be back to full in about 4 seconds.

You do realise perma wratth would give more damage and more CC?

It wouldn’t be overpowered in the current form of the game either :roll_eyes:

The set giving cdr on wrath somehow would be great. The balance should be the build still needs CDR on some items and maybe even the diamond in ya helm, but giving it a % from the set would round it out nicely.

Other builds have perma wrath. H90 would be pretty complete if it did too.

In my experience, the only thing that prevents savages from rising is CC. Maybe damage at some point, but I will live in anything until I get CC’d. I sat there in arcanes, fire etc without dying. The second I got feared, I died instantly.

1 Like

Damage would totally help H90, especially something that would scale Area Damage. Maybe blap them with a buffed ADAoE like overpower or something, i dunno.

But IMO, you should be running a few secondaries of Crowd Control Reduction. Even at 3x 40% rolls, you’re still gunna get feared for like 1 second out of every 5.

If you add something to the 4p bonus; changing it to Frenzy stacks reduce damage taken and reduce crowd control duration by 6% per stack. This means that instead of 120% sheet being 78.4% resistance to CC; at 10 stacks you would be at 180% sheet and 91.36% effective. Meaning that same 5 second CC would only affect you for 0.432 seconds.

Having Perma-WotB would be easier. It comes with CC immunity already and would increase damage directly by no longer having down time.

1 Like

I was feared for long enough to take 1 step and died. It has to be an immunity to it. Using the gem nerfs the build too much.

They totally need to add a 50% cooldown reduction buff for Wrath of the berserker and loosing the Frenzy stacks is a big problem too because suddenly you lost 10.000% Damage and 60% damage reduction when a monster is too far away sometimes, also starting you have to build up the frenzy stacks to get the damage and reduction bonuses, so it would be better if you got 10.000% frenzy damage and 60% damage reduction right away.

4 piece bonus:

Frenzy duration is trippled
Wrath of the berserker has its cooldown reduced by 50%

6 piece bonus:

Frenzy damage is increased by 10.000% and damage taken is reduced by 60%

You will only need 56% cooldown reduction from gear to get 100% Wrath of the berserker uptime and loosing frenzy stacks isn’t as punishing anymore since you will always have the 10.000% Frenzy damage bonus aswell as damage reduction bonus just like with the Whirlwind set. Frenzy duration trippled will make frenzy last for 12 seconds, so slightly longer and will help with keeping frenzy stacks a bit more

1 Like

Perma berserker would be awesome for this build. If I were to change just one thing, it would be that.

1 Like

Yea, Perma WotB would be fine. Almost every other set can get it in some form or another, just not H90s

1 Like

Zodiac ring conversion through use of a new cube recipe or NPC interaction so generator skills would obtain the CDR special effect the current zodiac ring applies to resource consumption skills would provide massive relief for skill/equipment builds across D3 w/ issues with cooldown requirements.
The configurations now that allow for permanent bypass of downtime for skills with attached cooldown timers just based upon the Zodiac ring synergy with resource use keep the resource user themed builds tiers above those that don’t benefit or can’t properly benefit from the Zodiac ring with the same effectiveness.

Pretty sure that would give you infinite skill uptime for all skills on your bar.

That is what the current version of zodiac ring is doing with resource consumption synergy.

No it’s not. When you use WW, you need that pride of cassius or whatever for IP to keep it up 100% alongside a lot of CDR. When you’re hitting like 10 times per second compared to like 3, there’s a huge difference in CDR. You wouldn’t even need to stack CDR at all.

I fail to see the relevance of that scenario. The proposal was for an interaction with a npc or a cube recipe to “flip” the special of the zodiac ring from the current “upon hitting w/ resource consuming skill” to an alternate purpose special that would be “upon hitting w/ a resource generating skill”.

Yes I was fully considering a fully assembled build that includes necessary items to achieve a resource consumption synergy w/ the Zodiac legendary power as it applies to CDR to eliminate “downtime” of skills that have native downtime characteristics.

There is no point in saying “only b/c such in such item is available”. An incomplete build will obviously not have the same performance of a completed build. When a resource consumption and zodiac ring synergy build is assembled correctly it has the stated effect.

You can use ignore pain, likely any rune (which isn’t hugely beneficial but it is), while not using the pride of cassius or whatever. Meaning, you get the benefit of having IP up 100% of the time without losing an item slot. Obviously we don’t know for certain what would happen, but there’s even a possibility that you can have IP, ancients and wotb up 100% of the time. Meaning you’d have a ton of DR, which doesn’t bother me tbh, but until it’s tested, nobody really knows what kind of impact that would have. I certainly agree that wotb at least should always be up OR cc doesn’t happen with the set.

Honestly i use a Z build now w/ WW and cooldown reduction synergy to already provide 100% uptime of ignore pain throughout a GR while in party.