Honest Question for Ploot Advocates

I’ll go as far as ploot for bosses only. Thats it! Optional of course.

D3 is a completly different story.

First of all, yes legendary drop rates were very low.
But also legendaries were also very, very, very bad.

Meaning that the entire D3-vanilla experience was rare-based.

This entire time the drop rates were not increased for uniques and the economy was floating around a so called “auction house” you might have already heard of.
Legendaries were a non-factor in that economy.

Then, much later, roughly around the release of D3:RoS in patch 2.0.1 (2014, 2 years after the release of the original game), they reworked the entire loot system.
They rebalanced uniques and they introduced smartloot to drop more class-specific stuff for each player.
The reason for it was not bad drop rates, but bad uniques, bad itemization and bad economy.
In the same area they also made unique items soulbound and because of that change (which essentially removed trading) increased the drop rates of them.

So as you might notice there are alot more factors at play here and also alot stronger factors than simply players not getting enough legendaries. It is a new economy. A different one. A one without trade.
Stop comparing apples and oranges. it really is frustrating to see the same and same arguments coming over and over again without merit. You have to get that the main difference is no trade, which resulted in higher drop chances.

2 Likes

not exactly you can take farm more loot in ffa and even more so if they put certain restrictions on ploot games to reduce things like people much lower level getting drops in that system.

I don’t think it nullifies cheaters. You can just make a bot to stack MF and follow the group. Anybody who’s botting would just switch tactics but the bots would lose any usefulness for real players and just crowd games instead. Bots are gonna likely be a problem regardless.

That has 0 effect on me

Can cheat all they want it won’t matter to anyone they play with

1 Like

Didnt i just…
sigh

1 Like

The difference is in FFA you also need to be faster than 7 other player but with ploot you get your free loot from the system. Participation medal. Rly well describe this marshmallow society where alot of people are even afraid from competition in computer games. :rofl:

3 Likes

If you can farm more loot in FFA then what’s the point in having ploot? These ‘arguments’ are all overt the place.

I agree. I see pub games flourishing with it.

2 Likes

why in the hell would you do that when you can bot in FFA and get all the loot? or at least the majority vs 1/8 in ploot.

3 Likes

In which patch?
Last time i checked drop rates were increased:

Patch 1.13c (Diablo II) | Diablo Wiki | Fandom

It is an American online video sharing and social media platform owned by Google. It was launched in February 2005 by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim. It is the second most visited website, with more than one billion monthly users who collectively watch more than one billion hours of videos each day. As of May 2019, videos were being uploaded at a rate of more than 500 hours of content per minute.

1 Like

Bosses are honestly the only instance where ploot in a public game makes sense to me.

Everyone (in the party) is surrounding the boss.

The boss drops are highly sought after.

Everyone participating gets a piece of the pie… (High chance if 7-8 player game.)

But still you’re going to have those sitting on the side out of harms way waiting for the boss to die, so they can walk up, get their drop and join the next game.

The only way around that would be for ploot to factor in some appreciable damage from each party member for the drop to prevent those not doing damage from leeching drops from the party.

1 Like

You’re calling the game mechanics “toxic and selfish”. Honestly, why are you EVEN HERE? Go play something else rather than cry for changes to a game you don’t like. Actual troll confirmed.

because not everyone is the same person… just because 1 person can do something doesn’t mean everyone can. The fact you don’t understand that and make blanket statements is why some people are so selfish.

2 Likes

They are reasons for preferring ploot not necessarily arguments… No reason to actually become toxic.

1 Like

Why do you lead with.

“I’m honestly asking.”

Then when you get an honest answer you don’t listen…for one….
Then you try and post some bs excuse that it doesn’t work and if you get shut down you move to the next poster and try again.

You are trolling

4 Likes

I dont give a flip about blackknight. I prefer to play with people of similar mindset.

Actually this is literally every baal drop in D2 currently.

What would you stack MF for?
You are mixing up things.
Do i need to quote our suggestion again?

You don’t need to ruin the game with ploot to do that.

1 Like

This just beyond ridiculous. That’s why I called them a troll. Because that’s what it is, trolling.

the mechanics aren’t toxic it’s the players who use the mechanics that are and you are actually proving his point by denying an optional feature to people who need/want it when it doesn’t affect your game in a meaningful way as ffa will still be there.

3 Likes