Hidden profiles

In what universe does that make any amount of sense?

2 Likes

To hide your forum profile:

1. Click on your avatar on top right
  2. Click on preferences icon that looks like a person (far right of tab that opens)
  3. Click on preferences
  4. Click on Interface
  5. Click box that says “Hide my public profile and presence features:”
  6. Click save changes

Note: This does not hide your character profile or posts. You can search anyone’s post history using the search function. You can see anyone’s character’s profile by simply going to you character career page and replace the battletag.

11 Likes

If you want, all european players can leave the US forum.

You’ll be welcome on the EU forum if the US forum are dead.

Kiss from France :kiss:

8 Likes

I found out this year I’m lineage to King Louis LoL. Never even visited France. Awe I would love to go there. France is supposed to harbor the capital of love! Although more recently I hear it’s the capital of divorces now :worried:

That’s for us to know and for you to stay up the night obsessing over it, Bravata.

2 Likes

You already asked this, and I told you the answer…

Well, stop posting it then.

When you use “View Profile” on a poster on the US Forums, it takes you to their US Armoury pages, regardless of which region they actually have heroes on. For someone that plays on EU or Asia servers, they might not have any heroes to be shown on the US Armoury site. By the way, if you did the same process from the EU Forums, it’d take you to the EU Armoury site.

US Armoury Career Page
Asia Armoury Career Page

You’ll note that on both of those regions I have a single, level 1 hero, with zero lifetime kills, called IPlayOnEU. Those heroes only exist so that if someone looks at my Armoury pages on those regions they should be able to understand that I don’t play on those regions and that, you know, I Play On EU. Hence…

EU Armoury Career Page

Also, if you pay close attention to the three URLs I linked to, you’ll notice that the only difference between them are the two letter region codes, i.e. us / kr / eu. If you look up someone’s profile and only find a level 1 hero, or no heroes at all, just change those two letters to another region to see if they have heroes there instead.

3 Likes

The how and who has been answered. Thank you. But what about why? What’s the point? Must be hiding something with hidden profiles.

1 Like

I said why in the post I linked.
Perhaps you should read it before asking why again.

Well we learn something new every day. I have never considered it that important, but if someone says “look at my profile” , though not so much these days, if I cannot see anything, at least I know what to do. Thanks.

Also, I never have been concerned if someone hides their profile. It’s their profile to do with as they choose is how I have always seen that.

1 Like

No it just displeases nosy people which makes me giggle like a child.

Nuke the whales.

2 Likes

No

3 Likes

I hide my information whenever possible as no one else has the right to it.

1 Like

is it coincidence that all the forum trolls are non americans? This is an NA forum, dont EU users have their own forum?

No that’s a fallacy.

See if you can work out why those of us that play on EU post on US…

EU General Discussion Forum Activity (10 most recent threads)…

US General Discussion Forum Activity (10 most recent threads)…

The US forums get more activity in a couple of hours than the EU forums get in a week. US General Discussion has six stickied threads. EU General Discussion has zero. Essentially, posting things on the EU forums is like yelling into the void. That’s why we post here, because this is where the activity is and, to limited extent, where we actually get some blue posts.

2 Likes

So you’re a non American? :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Do trolls have a nationality or are they excluded because they are another species?

1 Like

So you are non American, good to know. :point_up_2: :clown_face:

1 Like

Yes I get that. I am all for privacy and anyone’s choice to be private or public.
However, saying that I realise the only true way I could have the remotest chance of at least 90% privacy would be if I completely went off the Internet for the remainder of my life and wait for probably at least five years before the slightest footprint of my existence was removed from the servers and caches wherever I had previously posted even one sentence or done the simplest of searches.

1 Like

looks to me like you ran off all the decent posters on EU and are trying to do the same here on the NA players forums.

1 Like