Hey Matthew are you planning doing anything interesting to make blackthornes useful?

I would suggest simply remove it. We already have problems with stash space and dependent in its power it would either be mandatory or insta-salvage again.

I disagree micro as there are niches it can fillā€¦
For instance it could increase bounty Mattā€™s or be more defensive in nature to help out squishy builds.
maybe
2 piece reduces damage done by elites by 25 percent and adds 250 to all resists
3 piece does 25 percent more damage to elites and gives 500 vitality.
4 piece reduces cooldown by 50 percent and immunity to all ground effects.
Now it wouldnt be mandatory as you need to use amulet and belt which most builds have better options.
But there are builds that rely on crazy amounts of cooldown and which are squishy in which case the cooldown would change how they prioritize their gear and give the main set more versatility.

Aigild ans Captain already fill most of these roles. Thatā€™s the issue.

The extra bounty material sound decent but blackthrone is a 4 piece set, so equipping full set bonus, 4 or 3 with RRoG must be more Buffy then other 3 piece set.

You can make a pretty tanky character with Blackthorneā€™s, Captains, Aguila, Sage and a RORG. Unfortunately thereā€™s no real damage mechanic to carry you.

Edited: Actually you could drop in focus and restraint for a little something.
Plus there are weapon and off hand sets like Hallowed Protectors or Jesseth.

Iā€™ve proposed this for Krelmā€™s, which frankly I think is a better fit, but Blackthorneā€™s could also be a reverse LoN build. Something like ā€œEach Set Item equipped increases damage and DR by X%ā€. Perhaps start at 100% more damage/set item? So if you could fit in 12, at least three of which Blackthorneā€™s you could maybe reach about 1200% more damage? Or the 4-piece increases damage by a flat number. Say 800% more damage and 40% DR?

1 Like

New legendary power to Blackthorn set - when you salvage it, it gives you 10x more souls :rofl:

No thanks, we have too many sets as it is. Just move that particular set of trash to ā€œcraftedā€ so that it no longer wastes so many crafting mats/blood shards.

1 Like

It might be true for you and general section however we have game breaking problems in technical support no1 bats an eye. Many clans are not working atm