Help with Primal Magefist Usage

Hi,

Got lucky and gambled a primal Magefist, it rolled with:

• Dex
  • Attack Speed
  • Crit Chance
  • Area Damage

On what Monk or DH would this be best used? And which stat should I switch out to optimize it? I’m thinking replace AS with CD and use it on my Bell Monk.

EDIT: I guess I could also switch out the Dex main stat if the other 3 stats are optimal for some other character’s build.

Thanks.

Best for DHs Rapidfire LoN or LoD build with Dex, Attack Speed, Crit Chance, Critical Hit Damage in your case. Maybe it could be good in some monk build too, but I don’t play with monks, so I can’t tell…

2 Likes

There is no easy answer. It all depends on the build. If it is a build where sheet damage reflects true DPS, then dex to CHD. For most builds, the sheet damage is not as relevant. Some buils require CDR or RCR. Frequently AS is not a key stat but it again depends on the build.

2 Likes

If you have a lot of paragon points, i.e. enough that the 1000 DEX is a marginal loss, I’d actually recommend re-rolling the DEX to CHD, resulting in quadfecta gloves. They’d also be lovely for a LoN/LoD HotA Barbarian.

2 Likes

Tough to say. The WoL Monk build benefits from the AD more than AIS, but a rapid fire DH would benefit more from the AIS them the AD.

Choices will have to be made.

1 Like

Hmm, thanks for all the replies. Didn’t even know that dropping the main stat entirely was an option. So many choices :frowning:

It’s worth considering that at higher levels, you can also get dexterity through paragons and imbuing.

So if you intend to develop the character, I’d reroll the dexterity to CHD. Also if you do that, if you decide to use it for another character, it’s not resource dependent and you can imbue the resource property for whatever character you use it on.

EDIT - I just noticed Meteroblade said that. Yes, I agree.

1 Like

At sub 1k para right now I would not consider rolling off the Dex. While 2 lvl100 augments would replace it, it seems like most of your gems are in the 80s.

These were super sweet in S16 with the RoRG bonus (especially for UE DH)…but now, not so much outside of LoN/LoD IMO…stash em unless you can find a monk build?