Help with Diablo Immortal?

There’s so much stuff…hilts…essences…I have so many questions…why no forum or documentation anywhere? Least, I’ve not had much luck at least.

4 Likes

Thank you…something to go on at least :slight_smile:

Just crack open the ole wallet and you win

7 Likes

Sadly the discord requires a phone number to chat (no way in hell) so that’s out.

What do you want to know?

Honestly…I’d have to start and look at everything, but there’s just so many different types of…“currency” I guess. Gold…and essences…those were in D3 I recall so ok there. Hilts? Crests? Embers? When I first started playing I literally said out loud “what IS all this stuff??” So…I guess that’s what I’d like to know…what are all the materials and currencies, and when/how do I use them? Really appreciate the reponses.

This game still breathing? this is where “OMEGALUL” fits in :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

LoL…it’s kinda fun with a controller on a laptop…good to just mess around with…especially at airports while waiting for flights. Not sure how long the “main” quest is…but I’m enjoying it. Honestly I don’t know what/why people would spend real money on it though :person_shrugging:

Yeah, it takes awhile for you to familiarize yourself with the different aspects of character growth, but they do have different currencies for different thing, to make it feel like f2p players have alternatives in character growth.

Hilts are basically in-game currencies used to exchange for goods and are usually obtained by completing things on your Exploration part of your Codex, or doing PVP-related things in-game and by reaching certain thresholds for your Combat Rating (basically a gauge of how’d you fair in PVE content).

Gold is usually earned anywhere and used mainly to upgrade your gear’s level (think of this as ‘refining’ in other games) and can be used to gamble for equipment (don’t bother with this unless you have a surplus of gold to spare).

Other form of currencies depends on whether it’s tied to events or other features e.g. there’s an on-going event in conjunction with the Lunar New Year called Tseym in which you can trade in for random rewards from salvaged materials to normal gems (and for the first 88 Tseyms you’ve traded in gets you a legendary).

All in all, it takes some time to get used to the currencies. Outside of event-specific currencies, they’re usually explained when you can tap on the counter that shows it on how to get it and where to use them.

Hilts is the special currency that you can earn to buy special items such as Rare Crest, Charm, Gems, and Reforge Stones from the Hilt Trader NPC located at Immortal Overlook Waypoint. It can be only earned by doing dailies and certain activities.

Fading Embers is the currency you can get from farming Elder Rift. It capped at 400 embers per week. This currency is used to buy FA runes from the NPC that is located near the Elder Rift there. FA can be used to create Legendary Crest at Jewelry NPC that look like a Jewel icon on the map.

You can extract Legendary Essence from legendary items by talking to the NPC Zamina near the Rakkis Plaze Waypoint. Once you extracted the essence, you can use it on any legendary gear you are equipping. For example, if you extracted Hydra essence from Hydra Wand, you can turn the better stat Meteor/Fireball/Ice Wand you found into Hydra Wand for your Hydra Build instead of waiting for a better Hydra Wand to drop.

Monster Essence is the essence you can find by killing any monsters in the world map and hidden lair. You need to collect 10 monster essence to unlock a new bestiary page at Hodaric Altar (it looks like a book icon on the map). Every first 10 monster essences you turned in will guarantee a random legendary item on that day. You can only turn in 30 Monster Essences max per day though.

Uninstall it, that’s the best feature you can use

Appreciate the responses all thank you.