Help with Archon build

It’s been years since I last played. Now enjoying the game again with my son. He wants to build an Archon build where he is in archon all the time. Is there a build for that and are there any links to it? I can’t find the build guides in the Wizard subforums like the other characters.

So there’s the Chantodo Vyr build. I think Chantodo Vyr’s with Messerschmidt’s Reaver in the cube will be the closest to what you want.

You can’t achieve 100% Archon uptime, but you can get very close. The downside is that you need to stack up Chantodo’s out of Archon. So generally you want to be out of Archon for 4-5 seconds to do this.

This isn’t totally necessary for lower level content (T16 rifts and low GR speedruns) you can run Messerschmidt’s Reaver in the cube to get your Archon cooldown reset pretty much instantly and then just ignore your Chantodo’s stacks and enter Archon right away. Although I’d generally recommend getting a quick 5-10 stacks. This setup falls off for higher difficulties though, as eventually you start needing the full 20 Chantodo’s stacks to kill stuff.

Here’s a quick video guide that Lexyu made a few seasons ago that might be helpful. It’s pretty short, but it covers the essentials. The starter build he talks about should work well for both T16 and lower GR speeds.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help. We’re not competitive and currently enjoying the game in T3-5. I think by the time we get good enough to do T7-10, we will move on to other games that will come out over holiday season.

Okay, in that case you basically just need Messerschmidt’s Reaver.

You’ll probably want the Vyr’s set once you get into T10, but for T3 you could just run Messerschmidt’s Reaver in the cube and you should just be in Archon pretty much all the time since it takes care of the cooldown for you as long as you kill enough stuff. Messerschmidt’s Reaver takes one second off the cooldown of Archon each time you kill something, so if you use it in combination with a bit of cooldown reduction on your gear, as long as you kill about 30 enemies each Archon you’ll get Archon back right away.

2 Likes

Heh, I remember the time (pre-RoS) when killing enemies increased the duration of Archon; good times indeed. Can’t do that anymore as that would make Archon too powerful.