Help with a Traveler's Pledge I got

I tried posting this on the D3 DH subreddit but it doesn’t seem very active anymore.

I recently got this Primal neckpiece and am wondering what the best thing to reroll would be. My gut says the 8% CDR since I don’t need that on all builds and usually have enough without it on the neckpiece.

Any thoughts? Below are the stats since for some reason we are no longer allowed to post pictures on forums.

• Dex
  • Critical Hit Damage
  • Reduce Cooldown

Secondary stats:

• 210 Fire Resistance
  • 9500 Thorns Damage
  • SOCKET

I can’t imagine a case that’d you do anything but roll cdr to crit chance.

2 Likes

The best options are cooldown -> crit chance or cooldown -> element (e.g. cold or whatever you use). Between those two, the elemental damage is likely slightly better unless you already have some on your bracers and something else (e.g. holy point shot, frostburn, magefist, etc.).

1 Like

CDR to Critical Chance, no doubt

2 Likes

Cool down into crit or elemental damage. The reality of it though is it will most likely be replaced by a normal version that rolls Crit/Critdamage/elemental.:confused:

I know that 10% crit chance is very good, but in some cases, the 20% elemental damage is actually stronger. It depends on the user’s current crit chance, crit damage, and elemental damage.

For DH using the optimal amount of everything except on amulet for say a UE multishot build:

1. Crit chance on amulet
    64% ChC, 530% ChD, 20% element = (1 + 0.64 x 5.30) x (1 + 0.20) = 5.27
  2. Elemental damage on amulet
    54% ChC, 530% ChD, 40% element = (1 + 0.54 x 5.30) x (1 + 0.40) = 5.41

As you can see, the elemental damage is actually the stronger choice (higher crit + element multiplier) in this situation! However, in sub-optimal conditions, the best choice might be crit chance but it depends on calculating the above formula.

2 Likes

Anyway it is easy to check without calculating yourself: just put your mouse over the elemental damage in the character details and it will tell you the exact amount. Check with the amulet equipped before and after rerolling critical chance to elemental damage and voila. In my case most of the time I find higher elemental damage for an amulet with Dexterity+CC+CD than Dexterity+Elemental Damage+CD (assuming identical CD and 10% CC, and knowing that I already have Elemental damage on my bracers and quiver). Of course the best is always to get Elemental Damage+CC+CD on the amulet but it is the hardest to find, as we all know…

assuming it’s for your toon Koltira (s6 cold)…then I would do the following since it’s Primal and you don’t have to worry about troll rolls from Myriam…

open details with current ammy on and hover over COLD DAMAGE to see what you have…

Swap to primal (unrolled) and check again…

Roll CDR off primal for 10% CHC and check
RollCHC off for 20% Cold and check

whichever gives you the biggest boost is what to pick!

Gratz and while even a non-ancient that you can get Elem/CHD/CHC on will likely surpass it, it’s a great find that will do you well for a while!

1 Like

So elemental damage actually does factor into sheet dps? I always thought it didn’t.

I play pretty casually so I have not really looked a lot into this. I remember everyone also saying that +dmg on rings was better than most other stats, but I never understood that because while it does bring your sheet dps higher, other stats may be actually better for DPS.

Like what if you want to use a gem that wounds on crit, wouldn’t you want to aim for the highest crit possible rather than just + dmg even though +dmg technically ups sheet dps more?

Thanks for all the info on this!

No, elem dmg doesn’t factor into sheet dps.
If you want precise DPS, either calc by hand or import your profile into d3planner.com.

no you don’t, you can view your elemental sheet dps in game. Just hover your mouse over top of elemental damage for a bit and it will eventually show the paper value.

4 Likes

Never know that after these years. Will definitely try later.

1 Like

Just learned that myself last season…like Soup said, hover over the elemental damage in the details pane, then swap to the other item and look at the difference. Just did this with my S17 UE (not the farming build u see) with what I thought was a decent ancient HFA with 99x Dex and 100% CHD, swapped to a non-ancient with like 16% fire and 9x% CHD and my elemental jumped…